• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Pipe Issue

zachman33

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2011
Washington
So I installed my SLP pipe setup and as I assumed it rubs and melts a little on two spots of my hood. Can someone direct me to a hood lift kit of some sort to move my hood up a couple of inches? Also does anyone have some pics of the install? Thanks!

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Im thinking the bolts on the cylinders only allow the y pipe to go on one way. at least thats how it was on my 09.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I put 3 layers of heat tape and the pipe heated up the intake and re molded it for me lol. It worked out rather well. :face-icon-small-con

zachman33

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2011
Washington
You are right Arctic cat 2009 it can only goes one way. I did follow every step on the SLP directions. My buddy's HCR melts and rubs a little bit in the same spots mine does. What tabs are you talking about?

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
You are right Arctic cat 2009 it can only goes one way. I did follow every step on the SLP directions. My buddy's HCR melts and rubs a little bit in the same spots mine does. What tabs are you talking about?

The tabs underneath the hood near the upper vents in the hood. They are for the clips that hold the hood screens in.

D
Feb 14, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
On my 09' it was rubbing the screen tabs and just to the left pto side on the air box. I just took a hand grinder to the rubber mount that the pipe sits on, didn't take much to get it to clear....

D
Oct 20, 2008
Two things I did when I installed the SLP pipe on a 2009 M8 was 1: Heat gun to the air box and push in just enough to allow for the clearance, but this was done after 2: The rubber snubber the pipe sits on, just over the secondary clutch, I cut this down a little, not much, but a little, and then heat gun to the airbox. Heat tape areas that get the most heat, and never had a problem.

zachman33

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2011
Washington
Two things I did when I installed the SLP pipe on a 2009 M8 was 1: Heat gun to the air box and push in just enough to allow for the clearance, but this was done after 2: The rubber snubber the pipe sits on, just over the secondary clutch, I cut this down a little, not much, but a little, and then heat gun to the airbox. Heat tape areas that get the most heat, and never had a problem.

Ok perfect, sounds good. Thank you for your help, I will try that!

G

glaciermonkey

Dec 6, 2007
skidro willey, wa
Yep,

I put the SLP kit on two 09 sleds one fit great the other had some clearance problems. I took a heat gun to the air box and remolded it to provide the clearance I wanted.

this is what i did, worked great. if you do this remove the air plenum from the sled first.

also, i put a 3/16 stainless nut and bolt through the holes that the windshield tabs go through. this holds the plenum tight to the hood

Premium Features