• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 aviator goggles suck

T

t 800

Oct 28, 2010
anyone else have problems withe there 509s my first ride was horrible they were not clear at all and snow was hittting me in the eyes all day. are they supposed to be open around the edges? any help here would be good.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
You took the film off the inside of the lenses....right?

was gonna say the same thing. I find that my aviators don't seal as well as the sinisters. not fault of goggle though, shape of helmet opening wont' allow goggles to seat properly. love 509 though. great goggles.

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
hey

My aviators are the best goggle I'v ever owned, besides my sinisters. You gotta wear the aviators pretty tight, and they will rarely fog up. Mine do a little if I'm riding hard and I stop, but I just take them off and there good to go. I don't why theres snow coming in your, are they no sealed completely?

S

Summit 800

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs
You took the film off the inside of the lenses....right?

That's funny and good advice, because on my first ride with 509's I went up over the top at the Snowies and when I was in the trees I just couldn't see very well. Stopped, took off the goggles to check them out and bingo - still had the inside film on the lenses. :light: I can see clearly now.....

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
yep..shape of the helmet a factor...i put quick straps on my aviators..just love being able to tear them off to the side..i get claustrophobic if a google aint on quick straps..the stay clear getting them off as your cruising to a stop..i have the fan as well but it rarely comes on...i really am happy with their goggles...if i was'nt i would be talking with them direct as there support is great...i wouldn;t be posting on the internet ..thats the wrong foot forward

T

t 800

Oct 28, 2010
my lenses are the mirror rose and it looks like the miror runs down the lenses the inside plastic is off

D

duc848

Dec 3, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
I dont know why people don't stick with the guys who have been making goggles for a lot of years. Oakley and Scott are the best goggles on the market and always will be. End of story.

Feb 11, 2010
Just got the 509 helmet and aviators. Tried them this weekend in the Horns overall I'm pretty happy. I had a little trouble with them fogging when I slowed down so I put the breath deflector in, after that I didn't really have any problems. The field of view with them is great.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I dont know why people don't stick with the guys who have been making goggles for a lot of years. Oakley and Scott are the best goggles on the market and always will be. End of story.

macaroni has been around a long long time as well...so i like to have a steak once in a while...

C
Nov 26, 2007
Have the sinister with the chrome yellow tint lens. For me they are good on partly cloudy days and sunny. Low light they suck. For that I have orange tint Oakley's. Awesome in low light, but the Sinister fit the best to my face. The Oakley's not so much. I plan to buy another pair of 509's in the future.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Love mine!I mentioned in another thread, first ride the inside lens started to freeze at the start of the day. Dried out and changed breathing a bit and voila!
Fits great around the eyeport of the helmet. Snug and no seams anywhere.

Two petpeeves - Middle tab on the nose shield doesn't have a place to go.....so when I tuck the goggles into the helmet, sometimes the nose piece falls off, usually onyl when I'm not careful.
And the lens scratched very easy. rode through a few trees on the first ride and can see quit a bit of scratching. I know nothing is scratch proof but scratch resistant mighta helped. I only have a set of yellow replacements for them.

When I need the yellow lens I switch to my Smith TurboFans. Great gog as well and seals off he face just like the Aviators however doesn't have the lens surface area of the Aviators which I love!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

509n661.jpg 509n66101.jpg smithgog.jpg

Last edited:
B

boarderking01

Dec 4, 2010
grand lake co
I dont know what yall are talking about.. ive had them all and this year am rockin the 509 helmet and the sinisters and im in love.. seriously... people spend 400+ on a klim helmet and they dont even fit right.. And there plane ugly. ive never heard or seen another helmet / goggle package that is under 200 bucks and seal up so nice.. ive never had mine fog up unless there strapped to my sweating head drinkin a beer... but seriously for the money it costs best effin helmet goggle set up ever... plus there 100% sleds.. not sending out money to some cool sunglasses in hawaii.

P.S Throw the steak in the macaroni

K
Aug 14, 2010
whitefish
Bought the Aviator with the bronze mirror lens this year and love them.....only problem is the mirror surface scratches real easy, still need the yellow replacement lens....

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I love my 509 Helmet. Great price, good fit, and very light. Gave my pair of Siniters to a friend because they do not work for me. They don't work too well for him either (same helmet). My Anon Figment goggles fit better, and fog up WAY less during the day. Just my personal experience...

Premium Features