• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 release date?

Z
Apr 26, 2017
Yep, I'm going to be that guy..

Has anyone heard when cat is going to be unveiling their 2020 sleds yet?

Also, what do you guys expect to come out with? New chassis this year? Small refinements and new colors?

Loved my Alpha this year but I think they can make it better!

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
2020 early release is crated at the factory and waiting to be shipped, stay tuned

This is interesting could be some new things around the corner,staying tuned!!!
Personally I would like to see improved running boards, longer seat just a few inches, and go back the the seat they used on the 16 LTD with the extra storage. Tool-less hood its only one screw,the Alpha style track on the twin rail, Cats version of the Shot,and of course less weight. Now the weight thing most likely requires a new chassis, to keep the durability. I rode both the Alpha and MC both were impressive, i just could help wondering how good the twin rail would be with the 3.5 pitch and 10" idlers. To me that's a no brainer for the MC. Why cant they team up with MDS,Dalton,Team or build there own adjustable weights? Belt drive,snowflap, rear bumper. I am in the market this year to upgrade but I don't plan on spending 15-17k and have to buy a rear bumper and running boards to make it usable. I want to buy Cat but they need to be better.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I am actually shocked that I haven't slipped off the running boards yet. I was thinking they needed changed out but maybe not. Maybe it's because I bought new boots. I got klims new snow bike boot and the sole might be gripping better instead of the hard plasticky sole on their other boots that doesn't last. My buddy rode it and said it was slick and he has their other boots.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
This is interesting could be some new things around the corner,staying tuned!!!
Personally I would like to see improved running boards, longer seat just a few inches, and go back the the seat they used on the 16 LTD with the extra storage. Tool-less hood its only one screw,the Alpha style track on the twin rail, Cats version of the Shot,and of course less weight. Now the weight thing most likely requires a new chassis, to keep the durability. I rode both the Alpha and MC both were impressive, i just could help wondering how good the twin rail would be with the 3.5 pitch and 10" idlers. To me that's a no brainer for the MC. Why cant they team up with MDS,Dalton,Team or build there own adjustable weights? Belt drive,snowflap, rear bumper. I am in the market this year to upgrade but I don't plan on spending 15-17k and have to buy a rear bumper and running boards to make it usable. I want to buy Cat but they need to be better.

too bad it will be years before they have every feature we want. they give a few big items each year but won't do it all.
whatever happened to the full titanium exhaust rumor? that would be the ticket for a quick 20 pounds off the heavy front. I still feel the 800 is big enough, continue with the weight game! 7075 aluminum bars, post, all way down to the tie rods if it isn't already. no more cheap steel! or light bulbs!!

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
My prediction: Likely not a bigger motor from Arctic Cat, but one if not several Brands will have a factory 2 stroke turbo

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Don't be expecting a bigger engine for awhile. Just 2 years on this one and wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint to change a engine that is reliable and has no problem keeping up with the 850's...

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
My prediction: Likely not a bigger motor from Arctic Cat, but one if not several Brands will have a factory 2 stroke turbo

My Prediction: You wont EVER see a factory 2 stroke turbo. Way too much emissions, sound, & production issues to overcome to make it work. It would be nice if it was a "catalog accessory", but i dont think youll ever see sleds(2T's) come down the factory line with a turbo. Our buddies @ the EPA & SSCC have made it way to hard for anyone to have fun anymore

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
My Prediction: You wont EVER see a factory 2 stroke turbo. Way too much emissions, sound, & production issues to overcome to make it work. It would be nice if it was a "catalog accessory", but i dont think youll ever see sleds(2T's) come down the factory line with a turbo. Our buddies @ the EPA & SSCC have made it way to hard for anyone to have fun anymore

I’m sure that’s what they said about factory four stroke turbos when Yamaha had it as a catalogue add on. I do agree on one thing and likely the biggest hurdle is sound. I’m very confident a factory effort can program a 800 two stroke DI with electric oil pump to run very consistent, safe and clean on 3 lbs of boost on pump gas. Fitting a can and a turbo into the same space that meets sound requirements could be tricky.

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta

I agree we'll see the 800 for awhile an I am good with that. The 800 with the clutching has plenty of power and is more than competitive. I can see a turbo or supercharger, that maintains hp at elevation. Say 170-hp from 0 to 10,000 ft, no epa penalty just added cost. Personally I wouldn't buy one (well maybe) but lot's would. I like the way Cat has improved the last few years with design and efficiency not just throwing more power at it. I like the Ascender chassis also, just need a few refinements and colour options.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I’m sure that’s what they said about factory four stroke turbos when Yamaha had it as a catalogue add on. I do agree on one thing and likely the biggest hurdle is sound. I’m very confident a factory effort can program a 800 two stroke DI with electric oil pump to run very consistent, safe and clean on 3 lbs of boost on pump gas. Fitting a can and a turbo into the same space that meets sound requirements could be tricky.

I would LOVE to see it happen, but I just dont think the manufactures will stick there neck out and do it. Plus they would need to produce it at an affordable yet revenue generating price point, and provide it with a warrantee, and keep the tree hugers happy, no easy to do. I could be wrong, but i think I'm right

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
just speculation at this point......I'm hearing boards and bars ...and of course decals ...my guess we will see an all green alpha or orange alpha.......a couple months ago there was a patent floating around from cat for a belt drive.......time will tell

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
I know exactly what it will be. It will be new Model year with some better graphics. Motor will be epa compliant the Muffler will weigh 23#s And will be around $14000, But don't worry Country Cat will mark them down to $10,800 at the first of the year before you ride yours one time. And make it worth $8000 on trade at best with 90 miles on it. So everyone hurry up and snow check a sled because as always the only way you can get this sled is if you snow check it.

jb800

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Currently MN
I know exactly what it will be. It will be new Model year with some better graphics. Motor will be epa compliant the Muffler will weigh 23#s And will be around $14000, But don't worry Country Cat will mark them down to $10,800 at the first of the year before you ride yours one time. And make it worth $8000 on trade at best with 90 miles on it. So everyone hurry up and snow check a sled because as always the only way you can get this sled is if you snow check it.

Go buy anything new, ford, chevy, ram, arcticcat, polaris or skidoo. Same ****! Your gonna pay to play. If you were country cat, you would do the same thing. They are not in business to lose money.

Premium Features