• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone run the Power Commander pod 300?

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I am running the PCV on my Nytro right now with the Autotune setup. I also have the Koso digital wideband display on there. I would like to consolidate so that I don't have to run two A/F ratio sensors on it.

Is anyone running the POD-300 setup on their Viper or Nytro? If so how does it work? I am not terribly impressed with the refresh rate of the Koso setup that I am running and it isn't the easiest to see on a bright day.

The other thing I am curious about is I can't see where it says that the POD-300 does boost pressure. It says that it does pressure in a couple of spots but does not specify boost pressure. That is a deal breaker if it doesn't display that.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
POD is awesome! Ran one all year last year and you can actually see it on sunny days and the buttons are much easier to navigate with than the touch screen of the LCD.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
More questions on this unit. I ended up getting one but I am having trouble getting it set up.

First off the Coolant Temp stays at -45 the whole time now matter how long the sled runs.

Second the only setup I can find for boost is the one that says "pressure" It seems that it is only reading atmospheric pressure though because it starts at 12.6 and never really changes no matter what the sled is doing.

Any help would be appreciated.

More questions on this unit. I ended up getting one but I am having trouble getting it set up.

First off the Coolant Temp stays at -45 the whole time now matter how long the sled runs.

Second the only setup I can find for boost is the one that says "pressure" It seems that it is only reading atmospheric pressure though because it starts at 12.6 and never really changes no matter what the sled is doing.

Any help would be appreciated.
TRUEBLUEMAX,
The engine temp and pressure channels are viewable with any POD-300 tied to any PCV. The difference of how these channels appear will result in a few different values being displayed.

First, if you have a normal PCV (non-PTI with no TMAP sensor) the engine temp channel will read whatever wire you tap to actually read the temperature of the coolant. This wire would run from the sensor lead, up to the analog input on the terminal strip of the PCV. Then, the transfer function (voltage - temp) must inserted the calibration inside the PCV so it knows what voltage corresponds to what degree. If the wire is not tapped running to the PCV, or the traansfer function not inserted, your POD will not display the engine temperature.
This same is true for pressure. If you do not tap the pressure signal and insert the MAP sensor function, your POD will not display any pressure value.

Second case would be if you have a -PTI unit for your Yamaha (22-025-PTI) which pigtails our a TMAP sensor leg to make the PCV boost-ready. In this case, the TMAP sensor must be connected securely to the harness and dropped into your charge tube/airbox somewhere to sense the absolute intake pressure and charge air temp. These -PTI units do not read coolant temperature, and instead read the more important charge air temp - especially since we can trim against increasing charge temps.

For all readings to be active and accurate, the sled must be keyed on and running. If either of these channels still do not look as they should, examine the Power Commander Tools > Configure > Engine Temperature Input / Pressure Input to ensure they are enabled with the corresponding transfer function.

~T.J.

Premium Features