• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

$price Description................. Location City

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
It would be easier for people to browse listings if All could list: $price Description................. and Location City in the title
A friend is looking for a $2000-$3000 dollar mid range mountain sled. I said I'd keep an eye out.

kevinm7

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2010
Spring Creek, NV
I am a member of several forums outside of sledding. Most have a classifieds format that users MUST follow. If they don't, their ad is deleted until they can get it right. Format usually includes price, location, description and pics at a minimum. All other info is at the users discretion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
It would be easier for people to browse listings if All could list: $price Description................. and Location City in the title
A friend is looking for a $2000-$3000 dollar mid range mountain sled. I said I'd keep an eye out.

Agreed - however location is the easiest one to figure out as it should be in your profile and it automatically shows up in the top right corner every time you post. At least half of the members don't do that - including yourself!!

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
Agreed - however location is the easiest one to figure out as it should be in your profile and it automatically shows up in the top right corner every time you post. At least half of the members don't do that - including yourself!!
you still would have to click on the ad to see the location.

J

jerrydecoy

May 12, 2011
coeurd'Alene, id
I agree that location and price need to be included in the thread but I don't see the need for it in the title. It doesn't take much effort to click on an ad to read the description and it seems as of late a lot of guys are willing to help with delivery or happen to be traveling and are willing to bring the item with them. If it's an item Im looking for I'm gonna click on it anyway. Regardless of location!

HalfBrit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2013
nw oregon
It makes a difference right now when a friend asked me to look for a sled $5000 or under. I'm going to look at craigslist because I'm not going to waste hours here looking for a sled for someone else when I can search craigslist in a few minutes, where people list the price on the front of the ad.

Last edited:
C
Dec 24, 2014
If you are really interested... just ASK. How hard is that? My For Sale ads always have price, location, description and pictures. I agree, they should all be that way but some people just don't take the time.

Short of deleting posts without said info, you are not likely to change anybody's habits with a thread like this.

S
Dec 18, 2008
I have 06 600 with a 685 kit from Carls Cycle less than 2000 mi on sled, 155 track clean runs great, live in Carson City 775-450-2830 $2500

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Agreed price should be required on the title of each post. Who wants to waste time opening every add to find out? I skip a lot of adds that don't...

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Would this 06 600 be of the Polaris, skidoo, Yamaha or cat ilk?

B

Bedhead

Jan 3, 2015
Central MN
It would be easier for people to browse listings if All could list: $price Description................. and Location City in the title.

And pics! I see alot of adds with no pics. Wouldn't it be easier to post a few picks once rather than every time someone asks you for a pic?

Premium Features