• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snow flap

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
I trimmed mine cause I hated backing over it. Looks better too.:face-icon-small-coo Might cut it to the next section still.

picture.php

aphoric

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2011
Centennial, CO
I've seen a bunch with the skirt so short that you can see right up in there.

The line right under the logo basically

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
I keep a long one around for hill climb competition and cut them short on my boondocking sleds. Way easier to back them out of a truck if they don't get stuck on the flap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Sep 14, 2011
I've seen a bunch with the skirt so short that you can see right up in there.

The line right under the logo basically

My cousins is like that but the other day riding his temp light would come on when we were going down the trail. It was kinda a warm day so not sure if that was the reason or not.

D
Mar 10, 2009
Mine broke right off taking it off the deck, and it does fine, other then the ride in. I don't have ice scratchers and the temp light comes on after a few minutes on the road in. Once you are up to where there is even some snow on the edge of the trails it is fine.

I am going to try just ice scratchers first and see if that makes enough difference with out the flap.

A

alexhack

Nov 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
My cousins is like that but the other day riding his temp light would come on when we were going down the trail. It was kinda a warm day so not sure if that was the reason or not.

Mine broke right off taking it off the deck, and it does fine, other then the ride in. I don't have ice scratchers and the temp light comes on after a few minutes on the road in. Once you are up to where there is even some snow on the edge of the trails it is fine.

I am going to try just ice scratchers first and see if that makes enough difference with out the flap.

For going down any length of hard pack trails you NEED scratchers. 2 1/4" and larger paddles just dont throw enough fine snow up on the coolers when on the hard pack, with or without the flap. Plus, shorter tracked sleds have a bit longer coolers on them. My temp light never comes on with my scratchers down.

bcriderm8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2010
n/c Iowa
my flap is cut just like the pic above. Ran a lot of hardpack this weekend with scraatchers down and didnt see a light the whole time. I also agree with this statement:
Q:"For going down any length of hard pack trails you NEED scratchers. 2 1/4" and larger paddles just dont throw enough fine snow up on the coolers when on the hard pack, with or without the flap."/Q.

L
Jun 8, 2011
no flap for me, no problems either.....rode in july up revy in 25 degree C weather with no probs. in my eyes the powerclaw does a great job of throwing snow on the coolers.....

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
2yrs no snowflap. i rode in aug. and sled didnt get hot. the temp light flashed once in 3 yrs. and i was going up hill for 4miles on ice i had a gas can on the back cooler also, i dont konw if that made a difference or not as i usually dont carry a gas can.

S
Nov 13, 2009
Alberta
Scratchers are required for sure. Snow conditions have more to do with overheating than air temp. I`ve had the temp light come while just cruising in minus 30c weather on hard pack. I have the first section cut off like above and think its a good happy medium. If you cut off the next section as well ... your riding partners will hate you when following.

S
Feb 21, 2009
no flap

Mine broke off 2 years ago and has been fine just need to hammer throttle more and spin track to throw snow up, pc track does help that..

M
Dec 6, 2008
I don't run one and don't really see the point. No over heating issues, and it makes the person behind you keep a little more distance. Ive had people get mad at me and tell me I need a flap but ive also ridden behind my sled and its really not that bad, but i can see how people would get upset if they got too close. The pc sure does make it rain a nice mixture of snow/slush/and icechunks if youre too close!

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
The M-Series arent bad without a flap, mine over heats if i let it warm up for too long without any snow in the cooler.

Yes, some states it is illigal to not have any flap at all, i know it is in Michigan too.

Premium Features