• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 700 leaking antifreeze

C
Feb 9, 2009
i have a 2002 700 thats leaks antifreeze. it appears to be coming from the front cooler..do i have to pull the trackto get it out? has anyone else had any problems with this?

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
If the cooler has to come out then yes, you have to pull the track.

Are you running studs? I've not seen a front cooler leak in years. I'd start by making sure the hoses that connect to the cooler behind the motor aren't leaking and fooling you.

sled_guy

Feb 11, 2010
I had this happen to me on my 04 RMK. What happened was I put a small hole from a rock in the front heat exchanger. I turned the sled on it's side and was able to get my hand in there. I put a piece of rubber on a short self tapping screw and was able to thread it in there and stop the leak. I have driven it for about 1800 miles this way and never had a problem.
We tried JB weld first but I couldn't get it to seal. I talked to a welder and he would even try welding it unless I took the cooler out and brought it to him. This fix worked for me maybe you can get lucky too. I believe it's a real PITA to take the front exchanger out. Good luck.

Justin

M
Feb 1, 2010
newulm mn
I have had this happen to my 02 700 rmk too. I took it out and it broke by a weld I had it welded and put back in 6 years later still no leakes. I know what broke mine it was ice that came off the tounel one morning made aloud crunch and started leaking right away.

Premium Features