• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMEF SUPER RAFFLE

A
Sep 21, 2001
Colorado
We are holding a super raffle for a $10,000.00 gift certificate to our local Artic Cat dealer Boyz Toyz in Eagle, CO good for any new vehicles ATV, Side by Side, or Sled. You do not need to be present to win and tickets are $20.00 each or 6 for $100.00, Winner is responsible for shipping or pick up, amount over the gift certificate, taxes, fees and resgistration, Gift certificate is good for the entire amount so accessories can be added.

To enter send a self addressed stamped envelope to Ray Long 5490 Hwy 6 Gypsum, CO 81637 and a check payable to the RMEF in the amount of tickets you would like to purchase, also include your phone number and address.

If you have any questions you can email them to sledhedrmk@aol.com subject line raffle tickets.

The drawing will be 3-13-10 if you win and are not present we will call and inform you to make arrangements for pick up.

The winner will be posted on this or a new thread

Thanks for looking and good luck.

A BIG THANKS GOES OUT TO BOYZ TOYZ OF EAGLE FOR THIS AWESOME DONATION! THANKS GARY

Last edited:
Interesting...

That is an interesting partnership between RMEF and an OHV dealership. :face-icon-small-dis

I had thought that most of the OHV community, especially those from Montana, were not too pleased with RMEF and their support for new wilderness designation across the western United States, and in particular the Beaverhead Deerlodge Partnership - aka Senator Testers Forest Jobs and Recreation Act.

http://www.bhdlpartnership.org/docs/Support-LetterFromDart.pdf

http://www.snowmobile-alliance.org/...ons_and_snowmobile_access_to_public_lands.htm

A
Sep 21, 2001
Colorado
Motorized and RMEF

Well around here we as a committee have been lobbying trying to keep a few roads open to Motorized use because of the Mountain Bike community wanting to have them closed, The RMEF has closed some roads but for the sole pourpose of elk habitat, With that being said I have never aggreed with shutting down a road that has been there for years and especially when the Colorado Division of Wildlife did a study proving stress on wildlife is greater when there is a non motorized use instead of a motorized use, Deer and Elk hear motor vehicles comming and they know what they are and know that most of the time they don't cause them any harm, where a non motorized user is mostly silent and is a lot closer when detected causing them to run off instead of walk off. I hope this make sense I didn't want this to be too long winded. If your not in aggreement with the RMEF I recommend getting involved and changing their thinking instead of sitting on the sidelines and complaining thats why I joined and am a big supporter.

BTW the president David Allen just released a statement on the Wolf, Access and something else I can't remember but there was 3 things that are more important now and our previous mission statement has proved successful and now there are different issues facing the RMEF and Motorized access was one of them so times are changing they are just taking longer than most of us would like.

Well around here we as a committee have been lobbying trying to keep a few roads open to Motorized use because of the Mountain Bike community wanting to have them closed, The RMEF has closed some roads but for the sole pourpose of elk habitat, With that being said I have never aggreed with shutting down a road that has been there for years and especially when the Colorado Division of Wildlife did a study proving stress on wildlife is greater when there is a non motorized use instead of a motorized use, Deer and Elk hear motor vehicles comming and they know what they are and know that most of the time they don't cause them any harm, where a non motorized user is mostly silent and is a lot closer when detected causing them to run off instead of walk off. I hope this make sense I didn't want this to be too long winded. If your not in aggreement with the RMEF I recommend getting involved and changing their thinking instead of sitting on the sidelines and complaining thats why I joined and am a big supporter.

BTW the president David Allen just released a statement on the Wolf, Access and something else I can't remember but there was 3 things that are more important now and our previous mission statement has proved successful and now there are different issues facing the RMEF and Motorized access was one of them so times are changing they are just taking longer than most of us would like.

Thanks Avs man.

I think I am rather involved in the fight to keep our riding areas open as the Chairman of the Snowmobile Alliance of Western States. And other than the last sentence of your first paragragh, I agree with you completely. I have written details over and over again about how wildlife is much more "spooked" from non-motorized users than from motorized users. I am just stating that many snowmobilers have given up on RMEF due to their anti-snowmobile positions. That all.

Premium Features