• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Slp power pack carb kit?

K
Dec 11, 2007
how dose these kits work there a 39mm carb kit... what are the stock size?? any info please. its a good combo with the Slp boost bottle instead of v-force reeds??
thanks

B
Nov 27, 2007
Kfalls, Or
I put a boost bottle and the Power Packs on a 700 with the Keihins, it definitely helped with the low end "burbles" that the Keihins are known for. I also added Boyesen replacement petals on the stock reed cages a while later, they seemed to offer a bit quicker response, but it could have been wishful thinking... They were lots cheaper than going to V-Force III reeds.

Dec 30, 2007
Crescent, Iowa
Had them on without the boost bottle. It would still burp every once and a while. I ended up with a set of Flat sides. Way better than the Keihins. All you need is a pair of flat sides, choke and throttle cable. Here is another reason why I switched, if the seat won't seal (Keihins) with a new needle you have to replace the carb. Oh I about forgot, I still run the stock reeds. I also agree if you do go with reeds buy the pedals.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
They do help a lot on an otherwise stock set-up. I found better luck without them jetted with 38 pilots, 1371G needle in #3 with mains 2 sizes smaller than what Polaris says. Float height is important on the Keihens. I set mine 1MM lower than recommended. I found the water traps were deteriorating causing small pieces of hose to get into the carb and causing the needle to not seat correctly.

The Kiehens are very picky on airscrew adjustment as well.

Premium Features