• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Update on Canyon Ck/Bearpaw

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
The sketchy hill just off the highway is sketchy, you have to drive a long ways to get to the berm and there's a second berm a little ways up the trail from the first berm, don't hit it at speed. That said, I was out there on Saturday and went back for more on Sunday.

I heard that it was blowing so hard at Bearpaw on Saturday that the guys we talked to were back at their truck by 945 and calling it quits because they couldn't see anything and couldn't feel their hands anymore.

D
Apr 28, 2009
Thanks!! Did you have to chain up?

I assumed you stayed in the trees where it was more sheltered from the wind.

I wonder if glacier ck might be better. Lots of snow in the forecast for the area this week.

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
I didn't chain up, just took it slow. I have decent tires on the truck but I've slid off the road before which makes me cautious. I did think about it seriously though.

I was told last Tuesday that chains are necessary on Glacier Creek to get up the death hill to the berm. We had great vis on Saturday and Sunday morning on the Excelsior side and left when we lost vis yesterday.

D
Apr 28, 2009
Appreciate the update!! I'll bring my chains for just in case. Still have not decided between glacier ck or canyon ck. Sounds like both roads are sketchy LOL

T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
Found a phone on the road to Bear Paw.

360 815 3034 if you lost a phone.
Mike.

Premium Features