• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

18 mcat cutting out

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
Took my 2018 out yesterday for a rip around home and I had a ton of issues with the sled just cutting out. Was fine when moving but when taking of from a stop or slow speed riding it would just die and throw me into the bars then come back to life when I slammed into the throttle. Anybody have this issue before? Never did it prior and all I've done to the sled since last ride was have the hood off to fix the intake vent and installed a handlebar cleanup kit. I did notice the next day that in my rush to get it ready I forgot to put the lower hood bolt in and there was quite a bit of snow/ice in the intake. would that make it seem like your hitting the kill switch? definatly want a bog but it shutting off

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Took my 2018 out yesterday for a rip around home and I had a ton of issues with the sled just cutting out. Was fine when moving but when taking of from a stop or slow speed riding it would just die and throw me into the bars then come back to life when I slammed into the throttle. Anybody have this issue before? Never did it prior and all I've done to the sled since last ride was have the hood off to fix the intake vent and installed a handlebar cleanup kit. I did notice the next day that in my rush to get it ready I forgot to put the lower hood bolt in and there was quite a bit of snow/ice in the intake. would that make it seem like your hitting the kill switch? definatly want a bog but it shutting off

Bypass throttle safety switch. Read a post on here of bad cutting out issues and that's what issue was . Start with simple stuff.
Was up at Lloyd yesterday your fields look full at least.

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
Bypass throttle safety switch. Read a post on here of bad cutting out issues and that's what issue was . Start with simple stuff.
Was up at Lloyd yesterday your fields look full at least.

Handlebars have a full cleanup kit with new throttle block. TSS is completely deleted

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Maybe disconnect the main harness from the hood and see if it still does it. Maybe tether dicking around?

bgraff1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lloydminster, Alberta
part of the handlebar cleanup was done already. the only part I did after was the hand warmers and high beam cluster. already had the new kill switch/throttle block/reverse switch. although the kit came with a completely new handlebar harness. headed to the mountains this days off so if it keeps doing it ill try unplugging the harness but that might not work depending how the kill switch is wired. I have the new magnetic tether and it was on prior to the issues

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Figure anything out? Mine was cutting out last day I rode...cold deep powder. I don’t have the throttle switch bypassed yet but that’s my plan.

Premium Features