• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha T-post Conversion?

M
Jan 25, 2010
Wondering if anyone has put the straight style steering post in an Alpha yet, or possibly a straight post with the C3 post forward kit

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
I just saw a post on Corey Davis’s Instagram where he videos the installation of a straight post along with the post forward OFT bushings on his Alpha. Looks like a big improvement!

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I just installed the laydown kit from Cat on my Alpha with CFR riser and bars. Works really good, puts you further forward on the sled. I'm also coming off 5 years of riding a doo so the laydown steering just feels natural. Nothing wrong with the vertical set up, got use to it pretty quick just prefer the laydown steering.

Air_time24

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2009
Nelson BC
www.facebook.com
Just something to watch with the lower aluminum spar with the bend for the steering post. .
I've broken one a season and it's not ideal as you usually don't realize until your hood is removed which allows for alot of stress on the rest of the chassis. I'm by no means easy on my equipment but I also have my hood off once a week for inspection and maitenace.

My solution was to use a old steel spar and cut compound angles to clear the straight post. I've gotten half a season on this setup and it's running strong.

This is a photo of one broken spar broken the other cracked at the bend. Both appear to have fatigue cracked. If the wall thickness was increased I'm sure it would be fine.
20190312_090519.jpg

Premium Features