• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Ascender Engine Fail

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I think thats on the 18. just ride it.

It is on the 18 mountian cats and I think the 19s have been updated but I would still silicone the by the vents just because it takes a couple minutes and then u dont ever have to worry about it !

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Like 20. Mine did it for the first time. Only rolled it on its side and then back and took off. Also didn't realize these things get stuck or I wouldn't have bought it. Finally got my buddy stuck. I was getting tired of him going around me on his turbo.

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
Check your air box plenum

I had motor lock up today 200 ish miles sled ran mint for last 4 days and most of the day today. 12” fluff in meadow rpms were 8200 thought I pulled feather. Checked it was in went to pull rope and was stuck.. got back to lodge and hood is packed full of snow from towing it 42 miles. Going to rent one I guess to finish out trip. Can’t blame it on fuel as all of had same fuel and this sled was filled in middle of group. Can’t say cold seized cause we been riding all day and sled had been running on and off all day only shut off to hear radios or take pictures. Sled is completely stock except for bumper. Little upset that I have to rent a sled to finish trip. Sled is best handling sled I have owned and I had 17 axys last year. The 154 alpha is still running mint. Hoping it’s a fluke deal

Check your airbox plenium on the hood. I stuck a light in mine and had a 4" gap on the side that I could see light through. only about 1/16 to 1/8" I took screws out and tried to get it to seal better I could not. I siliconed it together and no more light. Just a heads up to check first. My 154 was fine no gap at all in plenium.

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
good thread, but lots of drift..since its titlesd ascended engine fail I will keep this here

picked up 19 alpha 1 from dealer yesterday and mentioned the hood fitment/snow near intake to them, but they hadn't heard of this.

is this a legit issue w snow eventually making it into air box thru this gap? there definitely is a gap between large engine body panel and upper cover, but havent taken time to look closer.

ps search doesn't seem to work on mobile? I'll look at that later for a fix

I had a 4" gap on my 165 when I stuck a light in it you could see light through I sealed it up with silicone. Dealer is ordering me a new plenium. I am guessing this is why mine melted a piston.

B

Boondockingak

Motor blew up on my Alpha this weekend..... Oh wait no it didn't, must be something wrong with it. In fact, it rips like crazy and smears the cheesiest grin on my face every time I stab the throttle and it does things that no other sled in history has ever done....

Can't believe the level of hate towards this sled, it is so unfreaking believable what it will do...

S
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
Had to tow my friends alpha yesterday... it was nice payback for all the 850 polaris b.s. he was giving me.... something let go he was in b.c. for the weekend all i know is his primary dont spin no more...

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
I had to tow out a Polaris.
Its ok, i didn't break my Rail or tear off the rear tunnel or bumper...
Crazy, I know......
After adding 12oz of antifreeze to my sled, it runs 20° cooler on the trail. Even when towing a Polaris.

...did you put it in the oil tank or just add it to the fuel tank :face-icon-small-win

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Had to tow my friends alpha yesterday... it was nice payback for all the 850 polaris b.s. he was giving me.... something let go he was in b.c. for the weekend all i know is his primary dont spin no more...
I wonder if the oil pump quit working?
If u don't mind, it would be great if u could post what he finds out.
I think Cat is supposed to throw a code if the oil pump isn't working properly.
But if u have a large electrical failure, it may not throw a code.....

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Had my brake get quishy after a rollover my last ride out. Did notice the brake fluid was quite low. Filled and hope that cures it.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Had my brake get quishy after a rollover my last ride out. Did notice the brake fluid was quite low. Filled and hope that cures it.
Filled mine to 90%+ before i rode it.
only rolled a couple times. No squishy brake though

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

How many times has this happened? I’ve rolled mine a few times and have had this only happen once so far. I’ve read putting your brake lock on helps or as summit posted may need more fluid. It’s weird it only happened once though!!!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Mine did it once when I had sled on its side. I haven't rolled it yet wich is crazy. I flipped mine over backwards yesterday. I figured it probably did it again after I realized I was going to survive this ordeal. Whole other story. Brakes were fine. Pretty well finished of the joke for a mud flap though.

Premium Features