• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro ski doo tank info?

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
How far does the header/turbo sit back from the engine on a nytro? I have Impulse header on my RX1, used the fuel tank from Alpine Motorsports nytro kit. Its a good sized tank, kinda looks like a cobra head. Must have 8" clearance between the tank & the turbo.
IMGP0049.jpg

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Here a picture of the Mountain Mod seat that will cover that tank. Will give you some needed storage that the nytro is lacking.
IMGP0754-1.jpg

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
The Alpine tank & Mountain Mod seat will fit the nytro tunnel perfectly cause they were made for it. I made them fit the RX1 chassis which is a lot different, only cause Impulse does not have a seat to cover that big tank of their's.

Last edited:

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Problem in using Impulse tank, is the lack of seat to go with it. Last time I spoke to them about this was, they had taken a sled to boss seats. They couldn't even be bother to made a seat for them. This was couple years ago thou. Not sure if that's changed now, but since the viper came out the nytro is old news now. The doo/impulse tank holds 10 gallons. I couldn't find spec of the Alpine tank, I bet its the same thou. Least you can still get a seat to fit that tank.

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Thanks for the update on the seat info Mitch. Its too bad the seat doesn't cover the tank, buts that my opinion.

Dec 21, 2008
I modified the impulse tank to run stock seat. Dropped it into the tunnel 4 inches. Way nicer to ride now. Tank holds a little over 30 litres. I also have a wrp seat I would part with.

image.jpg

Premium Features