• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Selection of injector Nytro

K

Kurilchanin

Jun 28, 2014
Hi guys!
We need your help in choosing the injectors for my Nytro. I have now OEM injectors (330 cc), I run well on them 6-7 psi, AFR 11-12. But when increasing 9-10 psi I run out of fuel and AFR 14-15. What is necessary to put the injectors to increase to 12-14 psi and worked very well. The fuel controller using PCV. Pictures are welcome and rooms injectors. Please help with a choice and I was confused.
Victor.

K

Kurilchanin

Jun 28, 2014
I have injectors 450 cc, but I would like to know what I will get the boost before the spent fuel? Who can do this ...

K

Kurilchanin

Jun 28, 2014
But you use two levels of the injector, fuel pump and updated. Correct me if I'm wrong?

djones000buck

Premium Member
Oct 15, 2010
Birch Run, Michigan
Increasing injector size is only one piece of the puzzle as I'm sure you are aware, upgrading the fuel pump will depend on your end goal. Those 440's will go 270 hp but you'll have to upgrade the fuel pump. What is your target? What kind of fuel do you want to run? Pump or AV? What altitude are you riding. 6-7 psig doesn't require an intercooler but a charge tube won't be sufficient under certain conditions. If you want 240 ponies or more on pump gas head shim, fuel system upgrade and intercooler. If you plan to run av you can hit that at lower boost pressures especially in lower elevations, but head studs would be a good idea.

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
if you simply install larger injectors in the sled it will run richer everywhere. Injectors are controlled by the ECU with a specified Injector pulse width. If the injector is larger with the same pulse width it will deliver more fuel. It is always best to add secondary injectors so as to not mess with the accurately tuned stock system. The mcx box and low boost setups simply accommodate the higher boost by altering the injector pulse width when the map sensor see the pressure go up.

Long story short is yes you can change the injectors but the map should be adjusted to accommodate the new flows from the injectors. I know you wont want to hear this but if you want to go to higher boost you should install secondary injectors and run a different fuel controller. you will also need an upgraded fuel pump. We have all this stuff if you aren't sure what to buy or where to get it. We are sled shop and build custom setups. Also we have built our own fuel controller so I am very familiar with how to adjust for different injector setups. Feel free to call us if you like I'd be very happy to help.

Premium Features