• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Yellowstone winter use plan

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Only after jumping the hurdles to enter. Hopefully this will change to allow more "responsible" riders in unguided, as it is now you have to pay a tour company.

Some may see this as unfair (it is) as we can go "unguided" all summer long...in an old RV with worse pollutants spewing out than a modern 2 stroke!! In LARGER numbers!!

If you have never been it is definetly worth going but if I have access to a BAT sled why do I need a guide? Because having witnessed the few go off trail etc they ruined it for the many ...sucks that they single us out!

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Back in the 80's and 90's I went into the park on my "smelly" snowmobile many times unguided. Even back then, there were MANY park rangers on snowmobiles, monitoring us "Heathens" to make sure we followed all the rules.

We would wake up, decide the cloud ceiling was too low to ride up high, and decide, "Well lets go into the park then". We would show up at the gate, pay our $7 and gain access. Plain and simple!

I NEVER once saw a sled track where it should not have been,,,,,,, EVER!

It started out as a noise issue, then a pollutant issue, then bastardized the whole issue by insinuating that we snowmobilers are just not responsible enough to ride our snowmobiles through the park unguided.

I really would like to know what the term "BAT" really will mean when it comes to actually granting access to these groups. Should be a four stroke, plain and simple. But it will not be that simple. The greenies will make it so difficult to gain access (Mandatory testing of emissions output?, testing of noise output?)
That people will just not want to go through the hassle.

And I read through the article that you will have to meet with a ranger so he/she can lecture you on wildlife harassment, noise, and other feel good components of proper park utilization. F'ing JOKE!!

Why do these same people not give the same lectures to every RV, loud motorcycle, diesel pickups during the summer?

Meet with a ranger? Give me a fu(king break!

Premium Features