• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Motorfist contest thread for Monday, August 20th.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Good morning, Motorfisters....
Today is Monday August 20th.

Up for grabs is a Motorfist hoodie pullover--size XL
motorfist-corporate-hoodie-20213_M.jpg

Today, you are posting your bestest most positive sledding related product service story.
What was the product that was damaged or broke and how did it break?
Who fixed it?
What did they do to make it right with you?
Why was this such a fantastic experience?
Have you gone back to them since then?
What about this situation made this a company you could stick with.

Try not to write a book here...but tell us what we need to know.

This is a postive story ONLY thread. Nothing else. All negative posts will be deleted.

Post your story by midnight Pacific std time.

Last edited:

SLDHVN

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Sled Heaven
Motorfist boots...

I keep having issues with my motorfist boots having the sole peel away at the toes. Everytime, i call in, tell them the problem, they say no prob. Send me a new set and i send my old ones back. Excellent customer service!

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
What was the product that was damaged/broke and how did it break?
My 700 Edge lost compression at around 3,200 miles and I'm not that mechanical. Not really a warantee story, just a kick-butt sled shop story

Who fixed it?
I took it to forum member IQRIDER (Chad) the owner of A2D Sledworks in Anchorage.

He had a bunch of other work and I told him no hurry. He had the top-end rebuild done the next day. Plus he aligned my clutch and made some other adustments for no extra charge. Sled has run perfect since.

Chad knows his stuff, hires good wrenches, treats his employees and his customers well and over delivers. He is generous with his time and expertise. A lot of shops will tell you "Bring it in" but he'll walk you through the steps of a DIY job if you think you can handle it.

Not yet but he will be getting my 12 Pro for his clutch upgrade very soon.

He's a genuine expert on making sleds perform and a total professional. I send him business when I can and I get 100% positive feedback from those referrals. If I have an issue beyond my ability or time constraints I take it to A2D with absolute confidence.

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
Buddy lost his sled down a ravine and since I'm a good friend, he keeps it at my place, and he lives 8hrs away and was due on site I said I'd get the rescue mission together for him.

Called a local heli outfit with the coordinates and he quoted about $700 to snag it. Long story short misquoted the job and it should have been about $1300. So he worked around and got it on a return flight from one of the ski chalets further into the range and only charged $600 for the rescue!

M7 down a ravine, rider error.

Who fixed it?
Yellowhead Helicopters

Was great to deal with on my first heli rescue, good instruction and brand new slings/gear.

Made it right by honouring his quote.

Not personally and hopefully not but did a job with them for work.

Honouring their word, great equipment, and a fantastically skilled pilot.

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
HMK Action bibs. My friends claim I "fatassed" them...I claim they had a weak seam. I was on a spring ride a couple seasons ago, and my a$$ seemed to be getting wetter than the rest of me. Now, I did take into account the fact that I was riding pretty extreme, getting almost 18" off the ground on some jumps :face-icon-small-sho, but I knew it wasn't extreme enough to warrant chitting myself...:crutch: (Not to mention my a$$ was getting colder at the same time...) I tried to check out my a$$ (which proved more difficult than anticipated), only to see excess material flapping by my leg. Basically, the entire a$$ let go from my bibs. Man...was that embarrassing...

Who fixed it?
A pleasant gentleman by the name of Lucas from HMK.

I emailed them my story, along with a couple pictures, and he responded promptly with good news...they would replace the bibs for free, no questions asked!

HMK backed their product, no questions asked. Because the bibs were over a year old, I didn't expect much. To make matters more interesting, I had another ride planned a few days later. I mentioned this to Lucas, and he said I would have them in time for my ride. Sure enough, they arrived the day before my ride.

Absolutely! I now have in my collection a HMK Voyager jacket, HMK Tech jacket, HMK Team boots, and HMK Backpack...along with my Action bibs.

I have found HMK offers quality products at an affordable price (for those of us who can't usually afford the really good stuff...like MOTORFIST). Upon the rarity that a problem arises, HMK backs their stuff with great customer service. As I stated, they replaced my bibs no questions asked, and in a timeframe quicker than one would normally require. Awesome.

Last edited:
B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
Motorfist warranty rocks

I bought all new Motorfist gear last year. On my last ride of the year a tree grabbed me in the crotch and tore the seam out of my bibs. I contacted Motorfist and they told me to send them in. Within 4 days I had them back as good as new. They also offered to send out a loaner pair of bibs so I could continue riding. Their "Bluebird warranty" is awesome.

Also on the boots that I bought the toe box on the left boot was always tight on my foot. They were the only ones the dealer had in at the time and I thought they might be ok after breaking them in, but after riding all season it just wasn't as comfortable as the right boot. At the same time I contacted them about the bibs I told them about the boot. They had me send them in and they sent me a brand new pair.

Also the Event fabric is awesome stuff. On the deepest snow day of the year when we were digging stuck sleds out all day long and I was sweating like a pig the amount of vapor that you could see coming off me was significantly more the gortex gear. Granted I might be a fat arse but I was comfortable and stayed dry.

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
BDX replaced a secondary clutch bushing in October, on my first trip out i spun the sleeve they machined in loose causing me to be stuck dead in my tracks in stomach deep powder

Who fixed it?
Jeff at Black Diamond Xtreme

after telling them the story about me being towed out by 2 other sleds they told me they would send me brand new clutch sheaves :rockon:

BDX manned up saying how sorry they were for the lose of my riding time and a faulty product. I sent them my old used clutch and in return i ended up getting a brand new one talk about awesome customer service

yes i ordered a new set of gears at the same time and will be buying more products from them as soon as my new sled arrives

May 17, 2010
What was the product that was damaged/broke and how did it break? A few years back had bought a 2003 RMK 800 used from my local dealer for my wife and while on a local club ride (poker run) the sled lost a cylinder.

Who fixed it? We did as we (my riding buddy and I) always do our own work.

What did they do to make it right for you? Bought the sled in December and the sled went down in the end of February, We did the work our self but our dealer sold me a new cylinder, piston, rings and all gasgets at their cost and had all parts within a couple of days.

Why was this such a fantastic experience? Sled was bought used and as is as a sled usually is, also had been ridden for a bit. Dealer still was great about helping out.

Have you gone back to them since then? Yes.

What about this situation made this a company you could stick with? We felt they always treat us very fairly and try to frequent our business with them....see below for another bout...

What was the product that was damaged/break and how did it break? On my Pro this year and hit a stump and smashed up the front end bad on one side...both a arms, tie rod, shock and stabilizer link all totaled.

Who fixed it? Again we do all our work ourselves.

What did they do to make it right with you? They only had one a arm in stock at the time so they (dealer) let me take home his personal sled and take whatever parts I needed off of it to get my sled going again till he got my parts in.

Why was this such a fantastic experience? This happened on a Friday about 10:00..got the sled back out and home...had it ready to go again by 5:00 the same day. Was out with buddies that day...We had a family ride going the next day and was able to go.

Have you gone back to the same dealer? yes...this dealer continually gives my great service.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Cool stories fellas.
You have about 97 minutes too join the contest.

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Wow lot's of great stories here. Mods are goin to have a heck of a time pickin the winner. Wish I hada great story for this but living in the middle of nowhere dealers are few and far between so they know they are only ones so service is poorly. Sent a sled in for engine warranty about 5-6 years back and took them 18 months for me to get sled back.:crutch: Was pissed but still have to go back for little parts once in a while and they always try to sell me sleds. Just laugh at them and tell them no thanks. After the service received my sales go out of area, no matter the extra shipping charges....

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Winner Winner.
There were great stories, but after reading this thread over last night and rereading it twice this morning, I gotta go with the dealer that let the customer take home his personal sled and rob parts off, knowing it could be sitting in that guys garage for a spell.

That's awesome!!!!!!!
I want that dealer!

800 ProRmk, you have a pm.
Congrats!

What was the product that was damaged/broke and how did it break? A few years back had bought a 2003 RMK 800 used from my local dealer for my wife and while on a local club ride (poker run) the sled lost a cylinder.

Who fixed it? We did as we (my riding buddy and I) always do our own work.

What did they do to make it right for you? Bought the sled in December and the sled went down in the end of February, We did the work our self but our dealer sold me a new cylinder, piston, rings and all gasgets at their cost and had all parts within a couple of days.

Why was this such a fantastic experience? Sled was bought used and as is as a sled usually is, also had been ridden for a bit. Dealer still was great about helping out.

Have you gone back to them since then? Yes.

What about this situation made this a company you could stick with? We felt they always treat us very fairly and try to frequent our business with them....see below for another bout...

What was the product that was damaged/break and how did it break? On my Pro this year and hit a stump and smashed up the front end bad on one side...both a arms, tie rod, shock and stabilizer link all totaled.

Who fixed it? Again we do all our work ourselves.

What did they do to make it right with you? They only had one a arm in stock at the time so they (dealer) let me take home his personal sled and take whatever parts I needed off of it to get my sled going again till he got my parts in.

Why was this such a fantastic experience? This happened on a Friday about 10:00..got the sled back out and home...had it ready to go again by 5:00 the same day. Was out with buddies that day...We had a family ride going the next day and was able to go.

Have you gone back to the same dealer? yes...this dealer continually gives my great service.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Thanks for playing fellas.
This was the last contest i have on my schedule and it's been fun!!!!

Stay tuned, the contest are still going through next week...and a few are supposed to have some big prizes!

Last edited:
Premium Features