• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To mod my m7 or to get a m8 ?? Need help please!!

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Dude you need to go ride your sled or find a new hobby other than worrying about modding your sled! Seems by your posts you already have it all figured out.

C
Mar 20, 2011
I installed a 2.5" camo extreme on my 07 m8 and I was shocked at how much of a difference it made. I was able to sell my used challenger track to help offset the cost as it was still in good shape. Maybe you could do the same?

Ya i could mines in great shape and ya i was thinking the camo 2.5 extreme over the powerclaw.

C
Mar 20, 2011
Dude you need to go ride your sled or find a new hobby other than worrying about modding your sled! Seems by your posts you already have it all figured out.

Ok ya sorry man and to all you others sometimes i think about stuff to much. Im sure we all do it sometimes.

Ok ill put my list down and a few questions Tell me what you guys think

Questions:
Ok more venting. Anyone know where to get mesh material or have a good way of home making vents ?
Ok so i can get good deals on pyros and gauges for truck like autometer ect. You think a autometer pyro on a sled would work or should i just go for kosos or something ?
I can get a set of pipes and can and boondocker fuel controller of someone i kinda know for $450 is it worth it He also said he would throw in a nos setup for $900 or we could work something out,is it worse getting the nos ? Im thinking not cause of reliablity issues..
Should i do a oil delete ?

Plan :
twins and a can
fuel controller (proabably boondocker)
stock head
tune/clutch
New track (pretty sure a challenger extreme 2.5)
more venting
loose the tail light and head lights and all insallation under the hood, loose snow flap. Anything else ?
Then put on a 100w light and put on a small little tail light that i can get for cheap cause of my conections with truck stuff. Probably make my own rear bumper like the 09 + models.

Anything i missed or any more basic/cheap or free **** i could do or anything to loose weight ?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Had the twin pipes a few years ago. Would never run them again.

Put a good track on it (I like the Power Claw) and ride it. Update the tunnel if it bugs you and have fun. Use the rest for fuel and clutching.

C
Mar 20, 2011
Had the twin pipes a few years ago. Would never run them again.

Put a good track on it (I like the Power Claw) and ride it. Update the tunnel if it bugs you and have fun. Use the rest for fuel and clutching.

Im not to worried about the tunnel would rather loose weight and gain power before i spent money on that. Also why didnt you like the twins ? Also what do you mean about the rest on fuel ? Like what others mod do you mean ?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I enjoy riding, not tuning. The twins were more for someone who wants to check plugs and mess with the boondocker box with elevation changes. Not me. The low end power of the twins sucked, but the top end was great.

A powerclaw, some decent clutching components, venting, riser and seat will make the sled much more enjoyable to ride. You can lose some weight with a can as well. I have an Ultra Q from Skinz that sounds great.

With the money you didn't spend on pipes, nitrous, billet head etc, use it to put gas in the sled so you can go riding.

Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
Power Commander 5 with Racinstaion map was a blessing for the twins. I have not touched the tune since early last season (tweaked his map for my area a little) Sold the Boondocker box on eBay.

C
Mar 20, 2011
I enjoy riding, not tuning. The twins were more for someone who wants to check plugs and mess with the boondocker box with elevation changes. Not me. The low end power of the twins sucked, but the top end was great.

A powerclaw, some decent clutching components, venting, riser and seat will make the sled much more enjoyable to ride. You can lose some weight with a can as well. I have an Ultra Q from Skinz that sounds great.

With the money you didn't spend on pipes, nitrous, billet head etc, use it to put gas in the sled so you can go riding.

Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Ya well i got the sled last year rode it then tune/clutched it this year. Im running ac white secondary green and pink slp primary 65 ac weights and my stock straight 36 helix does pretty good. Also i have a boss seat on it and mbrp can and 6'' bar riser. I have some venting im doing more (just the side pannel vents right now). I dont like tunning but it seems like the twins are good and they give lots of power.... Ive just been kinda iffy on tunning but i usually ride the same 3 or 4 areas all the time there all around the same elevation and ill get use to it and the 2 other higher places i go to a couple times a year i will just tune it a bit. I want a powerclaw or extreme challanger 2.5. As for loosing weight all i can really think of is more venting headlights, tail light swap/bumper and insulation under hood.... Anything else im missing that free ? Even anything you guys would suggest for spending money ?

Premium Features