• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tuning m7 help plz

P
Nov 26, 2008
Ive got an 06 m7 with many upgrades I finally got it running good and now I put on a speedwerx high compression head and bdx black box intake but when I adjust my boon docker control box do I want to add more fuel or take it away from my fuel map also I will be running a 50/50 mix of ave gas
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Kyle

F

frock

Sep 13, 2005
British Columbia, Canada
The more air you pull through a 2 stroke, the more fuel you need to keep the engine from going too lean. The BDX intake increases air flow, usually.

Last edited:
K

knuts82

Dec 12, 2007
Bismarck ND
Just as a thought do you even need the fuel controller. We ran a 05 M7 with a speedwerx 15:1 head, d&d Y pipe, Speedwerx single and can, V force reeds, and a Timbersled intake for 4000 miles without any problems without a fuel controller. All on 91 octane 5000ft and up

J
Sep 12, 2008
Almont, Co.
You need to tune with A/F gauge, or EGT gauges. There is no way for anyone to give you answers without numbers from either, or both of
those gauges. You could read plugs or wash, but from your post I guarantee
that you should be tuning with gauges.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
You do need to tune with gauges. A good tuner, however, can tune by wetline and plug readings. For the mods you added you will need more fuel. The BDX airbox will need about 15 percent more fuel up to 5000 rpm and then actually a little less on the top. Your tighter head will require MORE fuel on top, though.

Premium Features