• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Attack 20, hillclimb or deep snow???

C
Feb 4, 2009
Oak Grove, MN
I got a 06 M7, 153", mostly stock. My question is: I normally ride in Minnesota, but heading to Buff Pass and Yellowstone this winter. Will I be sorry if i keep my attack 20 in the hillclimb position all year??? I had it in deep snow for Yellowstone last year. Just sick of swapping it around for Minnesota and out west riding. Any suggestions, beside buying a new track (hopefully next year)

davidhahn15

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2008
Fargo ND
Hc

I liked mine in hc in the mtns and Minnesota.... Couldn't stop as well but it was worth it when heading to deeper snow. The mn hard pack helped straighten the paddles out when in hc. Switched to deep snow in mn and always seemed to make the paddles lay over more which sucked for deep snow... Just my 2 cents

F

frock

Sep 13, 2005
British Columbia, Canada
They will straighten on their own in a short time. I've run 3 of these tracks on a King Cat and an M7 and just ran them in HC position. Once they straighten on there own they are an awesome track.

S
Sep 16, 2010
Leave it in hillclimb. If you've already been running your A20 in hillclimb for awhile your lugs have probably "straightened" out quite a bit already.

clutch

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big Horns Wyoming
The attack 20 is the biggest piece of chit track there is while in the powder position, even in the powder! Turn it around with the lugs straightened and I have yet to see a track work as well as it does.

F

Firecat162

Nov 7, 2008
British Columbia
Same as everyone else...hillclimb position. When the lugs are straightened it really is a great track. If they are not straight already you can heat them up with a heat gun and use a vice grip with the flat bar jaws and clamp the paddle and hold onto it until it cools. I did one of mine years ago and just kept a garden hose running and once the paddle was in the position you wanted, quench it. That track held up for a few seasons under boost.

S

sledgreg

Aug 27, 2008
Chilliwack
www.sleddicted.com
I just spent an eveninng in the garage, flipping the track from powder to hc,

I have had my 05 m7 for 2 years now and had always ridden it in the powder position. Did some research on here, and decided to do it.

Huge difference. I wish I would have done this 2 years ago. Im not sure why there is even an option to have in a different position other then the HC (in my opinion)

took maybe 2-3 beer each to swap track, and then anohter 20 beer to straighten the lugs.....
I used A blow torch vise grips, and a spray bottle of cold water.

Just make sure you have proper ventilation, because heating up the track with flame created some smoke.

oh p.s
your going to be wanting to pay attention when heading down hill. Braking is a bit different.

p.p.s
no one is going to follow behind you, as the rooster tail is just stupid :face-icon-small-hap

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Funny, that is so true about straightening these tracks they take a set and don't like to be turned around. IMOP the lightest track and very good if used from new in the HC poistion ONLY. The track is very different comming down hills as said above be ready to go down hills faster, be on your TOES>:face-icon-small-win

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
Attack 20 Track

I have run the Attack 20 on two snowmobiles. One was a 2006 M7 LE 153 and one was on a 2008 M8 snopro 153. I hve run one both ways and definatly prefer the hillclimb position.:face-icon-small-hap

C
Feb 4, 2009
Oak Grove, MN
Looks like I'm putting my tack in hillclimb position tomorrow am. Thanks guys for the tips. I rode the last 2 times in Yellowstone in deep snow and was not very impressed. Time for a change.

Premium Features