• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8 6 tower clutch replacement

P
Nov 26, 2007
Called teh local cat dealer, found out cat doesnt sell replacement parts for the 6 tower clutch on a m8 cat?????

I looked on the fiche as well, they just show spring, weights and pins. No roller, spider, etc

My clutch is fine, just wanted to freshen it up with new rollers, bushings, etc.....no can do now??

Only option I have found is a replacement clutch brand new, will my weights work.

thanks
powpow

P
Nov 26, 2007
So does anybody know anything about this?

Cat does not sell replacement parts for these clutches all the way to 2011?

So if you need a roller, you have to buy a new clutch?

I guess if I were inquiring about graphics or best looking m sleds I would get answers huh?

C
Dec 13, 2007
Colorado Rockies
I just had my 6 tower clutch re-built by Racin Station. Highly recommend them! they did an awesome job and my clutch literally looks better than new. Oh yeah, and functions flawlessly!!! Give Eric a call for questions.(208) 354-2777

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Get the rollers from your dealer. Just ask for 01 thundercat 1000 rollers. For some reason cat took them off the parts list for the newer sleds. But it is the same roller.

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
I currently have a toasted clutch. Rollers are blown. I was told that it was a min of $50 labor(you can't easily do this yourself) plus you have to buy a spider to get the rollers. Min. cost to rebuild is $175-200 and then there is no garauntee to how much life you will get out of it after. I have been told by a few to expect less than a thousand miles.
Kinda seems pointless to rebuild over just buying a new one. Which is a mere $385(best price I can find)

P
Nov 26, 2007
I feel teh same way, why rebuild it, bring it along as a spare.

Spider 180.00
balance 60.00
shipping to do this 20.00

Basically, I am at 260 or so, buy a new one, un calibrated for 400.00 and then I have 2 clutches.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
racin station will rebuild the clutch and balance it. if the spider is good but the rollers and bushings need help, it is alot cheaper than replacing the spider. call eric, he will make it right. ski

J
Mar 28, 2008
Cost and reliability

Over time the only way to go is to replace the clutch.

When that rebuilt one fails prematurely, ruining a day's or several days' rides it all becomes very clear.

F
Apr 5, 2009
me and my dad rebuilt my 08 xf800 snopro clutch then i put one hard season on it last year. trip to westyellowstone, big horn, and togotee plus riding back home in mn. plus when in west yellostone i put a spare spark plug though both of my clutches and its still ok. just filed the nic's down.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Called teh local cat dealer, found out cat doesnt sell replacement parts for the 6 tower clutch on a m8 cat?????

I looked on the fiche as well, they just show spring, weights and pins. No roller, spider, etc

My clutch is fine, just wanted to freshen it up with new rollers, bushings, etc.....no can do now??

Only option I have found is a replacement clutch brand new, will my weights work.

thanks
powpow

Rollers can go out with out the clutch being bad. But cat has probably found they can make more money by getting everyone to just buy the whole new clutch. This is not the only thing they sell like this and it's not because those parts can not be replaced either

Premium Features