• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help, m6 servo motor/power valves

O
Sep 4, 2008
hey guys i need some help, i have a 2005 m6 that the servo is not working, we also have a 2005 m7 that i looked at for reference and such. the servo was not doing anything so i ordered a new one. it does not move to open nor close the valves as i turned it to half open. then i test to see if it works i let the sled warm up a bit then punch it let it idle down a bit and punch it again. ive also tried to go half throttle and such to get it to move. like i said ive got a brand new servo in now, and i took the valves apart and made sure they arent stuck. the cables are free. any input will help. thanks

JFro50

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2009
Hamburg, MN
servo motor

Did check engine light flash at all? Reason i ask is I had an 06 that I went through the same song and dance and turned out to be the ECU. I never seen the light flash but through a lot of headaches figured it out. My friend that is a cat tech told me light should have flashed. By the way sled ran like nothing was wrong just was a little under powered this is why I started digging into it.

O
Sep 4, 2008
as you said it seems really under powered, esp in a heavy pull up hill or deep snow just seems like it doesnt want to open up, it also seems like it is really cold blooded but i think if the servo would workthat would solve the problem

O
Sep 4, 2008
when testing i would hammer the wide open then let off wide open then let off and even if i wasnt hitting 6500 we have a 05 m7 that i did the same throttle movements to and that motor moved no problem

O
Sep 4, 2008
the other thing that doesnt make sense is i can grab the motor and turn it so the valves open but they wont close by themselves either with the sled running

ARCTIC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Boise, Idaho
power valves

You could do a power valve delete, or i believe it is STM gas power valves gets rid of the servo. Down side is around $400, but cheaper than a lot of future frustration.

Premium Features