• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hello from Eagle River Alaska!

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
New to the Snowest forum- I found you because two other forums I frequent (Alaska Outdoors and Dootalk) both mentioned this forum.

I'm 36, Female, and live in Eagle River with my fiance. This will be our 3rd snowmachining season. The first season I was riding a 2002 Polaris 550. I upgraded last year to a 2009 Skidoo MXZ Renegade 600 E-Tec. What a difference! The newer machine is so much easier to ride, I actually feel like I know what I'm doing now!

In the summer I ride ATV's nearly every weekend, my summer time toy is a Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS EFI.

We've been out once so far this season riding- went to Petersville two weeks ago. We're planning on riding again this weekend.

I'd love to make some new friends, discuss riding tips and tricks and one of my favorite things to discuss is survival because the more you know, the more likely you will be to survive a bad situation.

And I wouldn't mind meeting some new riding buddies! We've got a small group of people we ride with but it never hurts to know more. Not everyone is available when we like to ride. Also I lean towards flatland riding, or at least not mountains, because although I love riding I see no reason to risk being caught in an avalanche. So we tend to stick to P-ville, Placer, Big Lake areas. Some of our friends like to ride the big mountains and I'm just not ready for that. I also don't have the gear or the training. I do plan to purchase probes and beacons this year, but still with the intent of never needing them except perhaps to assist in a search if we happen to see a slide occur near us.

Oh, and great forum! I've been reading for a week and I've learned a lot. Thanks!:)

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Welcome, need to go to the AK section if you haven't yet, lotsa AK folks there. ;)

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
welcome..and good of you to not go to the mountains with out the right gear and training..but..your missing the best part of sledding........:beer;:beer;

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Welcome Dee. You've shared tons of ATV information on the Alaska Outdoors Directory, thank you! Looking forward to seeing you around SnoWest too, lots of good folks on here too!

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
Thanks everyone for the welcome! This forum just gets better and better as I explore more threads.

It's nice to see so many ladies and so many Alaskans here!

Premium Features