• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 440 Pro-x

T

ta406

Dec 11, 2007
Rathdrum, ID
Not sure where to post this but does anyone know what it takes to make this sled trail friendly, or if thats even possible. I think i can pick one up pretty cheap. I know nothing about these sleds other than I would want the low compression head. I have no problem tinkering with clutching and jetting, just wondering if its worth the effort. I'm just looking for something to play around with and do a bit of trail riding when the snow isn't good enough to get off the trail (like now). I've tried using the search, but didn't come up with much. Thanks

S

schmitt

Mar 27, 2008
WI
There's alot of info about trail setups on hardcoresledders for the prox 440. Might have better luck. I had the same sled but with and 800 ves motor in it and it was and awesome trail sled. Other than heads I wouldnt think it would take much. Good luck:beer;

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Pretty much a full blown race sled. By that I mean, it wants to go and go fast and hard with not much temperament for slow easy trail rides. I rebuilt one and in testing it, speeds up near 100mph were obtained in the ice chute, and then the sled would run like a slug in a foot of powder. Very high strung with a thirst for good high octane fuel. The thing about the sled is in its engine design - purpose built and ported accordingly; very little bottom and alot of top - where its true calling lays. Just imagine the power of a 600 with 2/3 the engine size - to sum it up: Hyper (which is not a bad thing, unless...). Hopes this helps.

Premium Features