• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Making a Pro last and ride correctly...

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
well hopefully the new polaris engine is a home run for them. i like the chassis, i just cant get over the reliability issues. i bash the hell out of the poo's, but its all in good fun. im not brand loyal to any of them. if they put a motor with similar reliability of the etec or cat's 800, i would probably be riding one. hell, i already own one, its just not the tic tic BOOM 800

S

smokin09

Nov 21, 2008
I haven't had to Doo anything to make my last two Pro's work perfectly as delivered. Last year my Pro towed out a '14 M8000 and one day the M8000 had to give up gas to get the e-tech out. Depends on your perspective I guess. I still think t-motion/flex edge and pro-motion are exactly the opposite of what I want my track doing under my sled. I still think it is stupid. My stock width Pro goes everywhere I want it to, in fact I have no desire to mod it at all.

I do not see a page full of blown motors or belts over on the Poo side. You might find that those days are gone. Your experience is just that, I wont argue against it. My experience is different and, I hate the way those XM's handle.

Well I ride a xm and I hate how the poo handles

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
I cant believe how many polaris guys are creepin the xm forum ! Must be trollin for a new sled lmao !

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
The thread came up on my home screen on Tapatalk. I have owned Doo and probably will again. They make a damn fine trail sled....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
Lots of us have owned more than one brand...or currently do.

I do as well, I was feelin mouthy lol. I don't own a pro but a dragon and a second gen rmk. I feel the polaris dealership in my town is an excellent dealership... better than the doo dealership by far. I have rode both and I like both in terms of handling but I can't deny the power and quality of the xm. They will both break but I personally have not been impressed with power or quality of any polaris 800 yet.I have rode and wrenched on sleds since the mid 80s and both polaris and cat do not match fit and finish of Doo and Yamaha. I just may end up on a pro but not yet.

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
This is the who can piss the farthest thread

For some reason we all take it to heart when we own something that some one else does like so we only continue to bash each other stuff! Every sled make, model or design has issues in one place or another no matter what it is!

We can compare our own personal preference for any sled with the simple give or take what ticks you off more or has it left you for dead besides if it was not under warranty how much did it actually cost you to have it fixed.

I know many 800 Polaris owners who were denied any help with under 1200 miles and had to buy short block motors and pay $6600 for and engine with a 30 day warranty. I also know of many blown up early year 800 etec's but they were mostly covered under warranty.

The doo front end is softer but it usually does not bend the tunnel based on its design when it hits a rock just like a few weeks ago in cooke when an XM hit a rock it was an $500 repair at Exxon but one of the next sleds that hit the same rock was an Pro and it bent the tunnel.

Pick your own preference or poison and be an educated consumer and get the most out of your money and your priorities but the right choice for me or you is. It the same since we all have completely different preferences.

Last edited:

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Lol. To be real honest, the customer base has a lot to do with Poo's reliability issues. IN GENERAL, Doo guys tend to be a little older, little more methodical in our riding, and spend more money on the sport. (In GENERAL, nobody get panty-wadded.) :)
Poo guys tend to be 20-somethings, and ride like they just don't care. I saw a rig in the shop yesterday, a 14 Pro, missing about 10 lugs, broken track bars, and he "didn't know how that happened." Same guy had a brake fire, "didn't know how that happened." He also had mismatched a-arms throwing his camber all out of whack, a scratcher torn off, and bent steering post. After the fire, he couldn't figure out why his brakes didn't work. He was perfectly happy running it into the ground. See a lot of Pro owners like that.
Pros are also about $3000 cheaper than Doos right now.
I rode with a guy on a Pro the other day, he was WFO all day long, swamp, hills, feet flying off the back, it didn't matter. I could totally see how he would kill an engine in very few miles.
Buddy here is a 20-something Pro convert to Doo, he likes it, but he has hit two rocks hard in 200 miles, and he rides his Doo like a Pro. I will be curious to see how his holds up.
I am a Doo guy, but the first to admit that performance wise, the Pros are the sleds on top right now. (At least up to a certain, uh, 170-ish track length.)

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
I always find it bizarre when guys riding other brands are in the Ski-doo section. I can honestly say I don’t care much about anybody else. I ride Ski-doo’s always have and I’m comfortable with that. I have a KTM and use a forum. I’ve never seen a Yamaha guy come on and debate dirt bikes. Its just KTM folks sharing info about the ups and downs of the brand. Guess its a snowmobile centric phenomena. But I still don’t understand it.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
And the concept that people own, or have owned, or will own, or will consider more than 1 brand is just way over your head? I have owned 8 different brands of cars and trucks....it's all just painted metal. I wouldn't get too emotionally distraught over who discusses what in a public forum. Forums are half info and half time-passing tools for the most part. If it weren't for brand comparisons and debates, most forums would have died years ago. I have owned the same number of doos and Polaris's and would gladly buy a cat if they came out with something notably better.

Last edited:
P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
And the concept that people own, or have owned, or will own, or will consider more than 1 brand is just way over your head? I have owned 8 different brands of cars and trucks....it's all just painted metal. I wouldn't get too emotionally distraught over who discusses what in a public forum. Forums are half info and half time-passing tools for the most part. If it weren't for brand comparisons and debates, most forums would have died years ago. I have owned the same number of doos and Polaris's and would gladly buy a cat if they came out with something notably better.

Maybe some review of the english language would be some next steps for you.

Bizarre-Very strange or unusual

Emotionally distraught- deeply agitated, as from worry or grief

I
Nov 26, 2007
I always find it bizarre when guys riding other brands are in the Ski-doo section. I can honestly say I don’t care much about anybody else. I ride Ski-doo’s always have and I’m comfortable with that. I have a KTM and use a forum. I’ve never seen a Yamaha guy come on and debate dirt bikes. Its just KTM folks sharing info about the ups and downs of the brand. Guess its a snowmobile centric phenomena. But I still don’t understand it.

There's a thread about T3s in the poo section....

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Maybe some review of the english language would be some next steps for you.

Bizarre-Very strange or unusual

Emotionally distraught- deeply agitated, as from worry or grief

And here's one for you; " Condescending " ,

:* showing or characterized by a patronizing or superior attitude toward others
— con·de·scend·ing·ly adverb

Premium Features