• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Well... I was on the fence for a bit.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
BCL, who's gonna believe you now. I mean your comments on the pro,,, you must be a beginner. Every one knows a more advanced rider doesn't like a sled that gets up on the snow faster of sidehills better.
Where's the skill in that.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
It it's too bad polaris doesn't build a engine like rotax. If they did and got rid of those electric issues, you'd be dumb to not own one.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It it's too bad polaris doesn't build a engine like rotax. If they did and got rid of those electric issues, you'd be dumb to not own one.

Well, that's really the rub... each one does something better than the rest, but doesn't do ALL things better than the rest.

The question is what they focused on during development really.

Give me a pro with Tmo, XM geometry, and a suzuki motor... and I'd almost look like I can ride. :D

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Good riders can also notice and can appreciate the difference. Looks like ignorance is bliss for the rest. And leave what you do with your wife off the forums.

Good riders don't b*tch or complain we are happy to be out riding regardless of brand. The the only ignorance that is apparent here are those who are complaining about which is a better sled the XM or the Pro. Maybe you need to get laid more to keep your mind off of which sled is better.

You either suffer from memory lose and completely forget when sleds weighed 700# wet OR Your just a newbie complaining about a whole bunch of nothing and can't even appreciate the advancements that ALL mountains sleds have made over the years. I don't read about ANYONE appreciating what All the OEM's have done with these sleds just a bunch of drama queen b*itching and complaining

I have a complete appreciation for the advancements that each and every manufacture has made in the mountain segment and when I swing my leg over any of them I orgazim with joy every mile I'm out riding. And yes there is a parallel between good sex and good snowmobiling. Ride them hard and enjoy every minute of it. My good buddy has named his new AC sled BTP which stands for Better Than P*ssy

People who ride a lot complain the least.

DPG

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Stay classy BTP, er, DPG

stay_classy.jpg

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Btw BTP... I don't see anyone complaining, we're talking about what each sled does well, which was the entire point of the thread in the first place. If you're that bothered by the discussion of other brands, you should probably just bow out of this thread... we may yet bring up Yamaha even... Friscoprox owned one of them not long ago too, and he MIGHT EVEN HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT IT...:fear::fear::fear::fear::fear:

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
You guys are all confused and behind your PC to much and need to go riding and stop worrying about which sled is better and why. I can honestly tell you I've spent time on the new Poo, Doo and AC, I have all 3 in my group and all are fantastic sleds to ride right out of the box. If you ride them hard like they were designed to be ridden they will all exceed your expectation.

DPG

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
You guys are all confused and behind your PC to much and need to go riding and stop worrying about which sled is better and why. I can honestly tell you I've spent time on the new Poo, Doo and AC, I have all 3 in my group and all are fantastic sleds to ride right out of the box. If you ride them hard like they were designed to be ridden they will all exceed your expectation.

DPG

Well, thank GOODNESS none of us need ride any other sled, or discuss the merits of any sled again.

Snowest is now over, BTP has taken care of this entire discussion for us, Praise allah!

Btw btp... to say that if you ride them hard they'll exceed your expectation, is exactly opposite of the truth. As you ride them harder you find the minimal shortcomings that they have... the more you push them the more you see what can be done to make them even better than they already are.

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Well, thank GOODNESS none of us need ride any other sled, or discuss the merits of any sled again.

Snowest is now over, BTP has taken care of this entire discussion for us, Praise allah!

Btw btp... to say that if you ride them hard they'll exceed your expectation, is exactly opposite of the truth. As you ride them harder you find the minimal shortcomings that they have... the more you push them the more you see what can be done to make them even better than they already are.

Now your trying state that because you ride them harder you find minimal shortcomings that they have...the more you push them the more you see what can be done to make them even better than they already are Is Just A Bunch Of Bull Sh*t.

Take for instance a 2014 XM bone stock out of the box the sled rocks. The harder you push the XM the better it performs.

Take for instance a 2014 Pro bone stock out of the box the sled rocks. The harder you push the Pro the better it performs.

Take for instance a 2014 M8 bone stock out of the box the sled rocks. The harder you push the M8 the better it performs.

Excluding a turbo tell me one mod that you would add to any of the 3-2014 sleds mentioned that when riding in deep snow would be the mod to have that would make these new hot rod sled perform substantial better ?

DPG

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Wow. This is just painful discussing this kind of thing with someone so dense.

Above I've mentioned a number of the mods I've done or am doing, each one has a reason behind it, many of them are explained in that post. If you really can't understand why changes are made to sleds as you , push them harder... it is beyond pointless talking to someone like you.

Keep riding that stocker BTS... it's all you.

Sometimes I wonder why people like you feel the need to even get on here. If there's no reason to make any changes... go away and come back when you've got something to ask... thete's nothing to discuss here.

Go ride that 163 stocker.... NOTHING could.be better than your sled, not possible.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Now your trying state that because you ride them harder you find minimal shortcomings that they have...the more you push them the more you see what can be done to make them even better than they already are Is Just A Bunch Of Bull Sh*t.

Take for instance a 2014 XM bone stock out of the box the sled rocks. The harder you push the XM the better it performs.

Take for instance a 2014 Pro bone stock out of the box the sled rocks. The harder you push the Pro the better it performs.

Take for instance a 2014 M8 bone stock out of the box the sled rocks. The harder you push the M8 the better it performs.

Excluding a turbo tell me one mod that you would add to any of the 3-2014 sleds mentioned that when riding in deep snow would be the mod to have that would make these new hot rod sled perform substantial better ?

DPG

Holy crap, it's like a marketing dream come true!

Can I get you into mountainbiking and cameras? We NEED people this impressionable and complacent everywhere!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I modified the X package riser a few nights ago so that it will drop down another 3/8", Might drop a little more. I found the difference from a 4" riser to 5" riser too much for me oddly enough, the mechanics change significantly with a little bit of elbow bend

1526779_10201458062395544_583697010_n.jpg

Did you have to grind anything other than the grooves (making them longer I assume?)

God knows everything made by a sled manufacturer is perfect out of the box but I'm an idiot who only thinks things could be better after riding them. Help a brother out.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Did you have to grind anything other than the grooves (making them longer I assume?)

God knows everything made by a sled manufacturer is perfect out of the box but I'm an idiot who only thinks things could be better after riding them. Help a brother out.

Ground the grooves, then ground the silver and black parts a bit where they met, and then the top of the silver part need to be machined down more where it's cupped to meet the bars or it will just hit the bars.

If you have the stock M series bars you will be able to go down about 1/8" before hitting... after that gotta do more work.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Steering post, float 3's, gripper ski's, diamond S hood hood, quick clickers, riser bar, belly braces are not game changing mods. When you come up with a game changing mod for these new hot rods let me know.

DPG

A
Jan 9, 2014
Fairbanks, AK
300hp sled game changing? you betcha

how you ask?

well strap a turbine to the *** end of course!

run a 400 inch track and while youre at it make it 2 tracks

give that bad boy a heated cab and youve got a real game changer..

the turbine is all that is HOT ROD (deep angry voice)

but really both of you need to get over yourselves this is why I hate the big forums.
Great if you need info
S##tty if you want to voice your opinion

If me a 19 year old can not get wrapped up in what is said on the internet
you so called "adults" should be utterly ashamed that youve turned your love of a sport into a bickering match that is just pathetic.

people say kids these days have no respect, I ask where they learned it..

END OF RANT!!!

:)

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Glad we had that talk. Being the stunning engineer you are I'm sure you expect ONE mod to make a giant difference... good luck with that. Weight loss, improvements... it's all incremental. Each little change is part of a package.

Had you ridden an 09 1000 and then done any one mod that I did to get 70# off you wouldn't notice a thing. Do the whole package though, and it's not at all the same machine. Mods are often like that.

You keep talking about how there's no reason to make changes... then come ride with me on an over hood day and tell me how much you love that stock hood... just one simple example.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

DPG

Anything made for the masses can be made better. Just because you don't think they need modded for yourself doesn't other might see something that needs improved for their benefit. For instance, the shocks on all the sleds suck from the factory. The harder you push them the more they suck. Some need new shocks and some need springs and a valve job. Air frames are better, bar none. Polaris has a pretty solid ski but the others can benefit from skis. A 3 inch track will let you go way farther although there are a thing or two about it I don't like. Clutching on any new sled will make a difference. Need I go on. If you are happy with your sled that is great but to get on here and tell someone they don't need something because you don't need it is either ignorant or arrogant. I guess some kids are happy with their toys and some want better or different.

Premium Features