• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats new for 2014?

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
I can see them expanding the xm platform, hopefully a xm freeride, Id like to see a xm with a 137 or 146 with wider aarms and better shocks. Possibly even a 600 in that chassis.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
26 Miles from the truck, carving uphill around a tree jumped to the uphill side and started carving back to the right around the tree, track crossed another trench and washed out a little caught something on the left side of the track and sled rolled to the left. Some how in all of that, which has happened hundreds of times before I broke my ankle. I had 500 miles on the doo, loved it but with 4-6 weeks with no weight on my ankle, then 4-6 weeks in a walking boot, then rehab, I think the season is going to be limited.

I lost 800 dollars on the sled and I will snowcheck a 14.

The Right Side of the Image is the Inside of my right ankle.
ankle.jpg
The season just started, why would you sell a brand new sled before the best part of the season is here?

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
The rear suspension on the XM looks hokey but flat out works. I want to hate it but it has the best ride of any stock sled. That said I put an evolution air setup in my 12 XP and it dropped 10lbs. On the Freeride it dropped an honest 12lbs. The XM needs better shocks on the front for sure. Double or triple rate springs and progressive adjustable damping. I'm going to try a set of EVOL Rs I got for my 12 XP up front. Thinking about putting the EVOL Air set up on the rear and getting rid of the T motion. I think the Flex edge Track does way more than the T motion.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
The rear suspension on the XM looks hokey but flat out works. I want to hate it but it has the best ride of any stock sled. That said I put an evolution air setup in my 12 XP and it dropped 10lbs. On the Freeride it dropped an honest 12lbs. The XM needs better shocks on the front for sure. Double or triple rate springs and progressive adjustable damping. I'm going to try a set of EVOL Rs I got for my 12 XP up front. Thinking about putting the EVOL Air set up on the rear and getting rid of the T motion. I think the Flex edge Track does way more than the T motion.

Just so you know, Tom is about ready with his "E" motion kit for the XM, and T motion.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Good running boards seem to = more ankle and knee injuries. I have witnessed two in two weeks! JUST LIKE ALL IN LIFE MODERATION IS THE KEY!

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Finally someone mentioned the clutches, well at least the primary has to go and the secondary should float. I am expecting the 6 arm clutch to get the dampener so it will go right on to the 2 strokes.

You don't want the 6 arm clutch in anything IMO. It's a very expensive clutch to tune and play with. Each ramp in there is worth ~$50. If you were to rebuild, you're looking at somewhere around $400.

If I had a choice, I would bolt on a PB80. They work really well on the 1200's and can handle 250hp. Very easy to tune (weights/springs) and can handle 250hp.

H

highmark289

Feb 11, 2008
columbia falls MT
Bingo. Doo doesn't really need to do anything next year besides continue to refine/lighten this chassis. Maybe new clutches.... :face-icon-small-win

been asking around and thats all im hearing is just refinements, so pretty much BNG. they will probably have the 600 in the xm chassis, and the freeride will probably be on a xm platform also

H

highmark289

Feb 11, 2008
columbia falls MT
Bingo. Doo doesn't really need to do anything next year besides continue to refine/lighten this chassis. Maybe new clutches.... :face-icon-small-win

probably will have the 600 in the xm chassis and the freeride will be an xm chassis, i just hope they think of something nicer then carrot orange for the sp color...

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
You don't want the 6 arm clutch in anything IMO. It's a very expensive clutch to tune and play with. Each ramp in there is worth ~$50. If you were to rebuild, you're looking at somewhere around $400.

If I had a choice, I would bolt on a PB80. They work really well on the 1200's and can handle 250hp. Very easy to tune (weights/springs) and can handle 250hp.

Do you guys remember the HYPERLITE clutch? It was the best aftermarket mod I ever put on any machine...period !!! Easy to tune....light and it flat out worked. Too bad he went out of business....and there were a couple of design flaws, but I have an 04 Rev out there somewhere that still has one on it.

Would like to see the factory aerocharger turbo on the new doo with 220hp and warranty.....new clutches would be awesome !!

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Welcome,

Come experience the heart-pounding exhilaration and unmatched thrill of the Ski-Doo VIP Demo Tour. This is your chance to try the 2013 Ski-Doo Summit snowmobile, the most specialized mountain sled. Ever.

The 2013 Summit Sled has been redesigned around the most important component: YOU. Don't miss the chance to try it!

Rides will take place in areas where mountain riding experience in mandatory. If you are up for this unique opportunity, hurry and reserve your ride as space is limited.

MORE DETAILS

The Ski-Doo Demo Tour will visit select regions in Western North America beginning in January 2013 and will run through April. (see schedule on the right hand side of this page for schedule details). The demo team will host two riding sessions per day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, consisting of six riders per group. Each demo experience will last around four hours.

Premium Features