• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone else get this BS getting onto the forums??

C

crapchaser800

Jan 28, 2008
Sioux Falls, SD
I tried to look at the forums at work earlier today and just logged on a few minutes ago. Both times, some BS spyware program tried to pop-up. I got a "spanked" message from my employers techware and I just now kicked up both my anti-virus programs, warning me of a potential virus download, just to simply view the forums. That's twice in 12 hours that some stupid anti-virus program wanted me to do a scan and FUBAR me. Has this site sunk this low??? Anyone else have this problem?? :mad:

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I am on SW every day and use most all it has to offer, I have not yet had that problem. (hope I don't) Would be worth inquiring about through the right chanels.

C

crapchaser800

Jan 28, 2008
Sioux Falls, SD
Glad I'm not the only one. I get really nervous when my little icons in the bottom right corner start dinging for my attention!! And it shouldn't happen while trying to view my favorite community of fellow sledders :D !!!!!

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
It probably has to to do with all the new Java Scripts the site is running; Chat Rooms, Treadmill, etc.
A lot of things can trigger a AV software alert, Its a combination of the site and your software. Just adjust your permissions and you will be fine.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Dont worry guys it just another new feature...........:rolleyes:

I suspect there will be a BS post on how it is our fault we are getting spammed by malware crap and has nothing to do with the upgrades.

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Yup..... It happened to me as well..... I've had alot of log on issues lately... Thought this place was supposed to get faste and better..... They must mean when everyone gives up and moves on it will be fast for the 1....

:rolleyes:

Brian

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2009
Ogden, UT
I suspect there will be a BS post on how it is our fault we are getting spammed by malware crap and has nothing to do with the upgrades.

It obviously DOES have something to do with the changes... The confusing thing is that we haven't actually changed / installed anything new in quite a while. We added the social-group changes about a week ago, but that didn't change anything in the page-loads, or add any javascript. We did make some changes to the firewall rules the other day.. It's possible somewhere here did something, but I can't imagine what.

I'm NOT able to duplicate this.. so I'd be interested in more details about what's going on. Has anyone contacted their anti-spyware company to see WHY it's flagging the site???

If you are having this problem:

1) What OS are you running?
2) What browser do you use? (Name and version)
3) What anti-virus / anti-spyware software do you use (and the version)

I'll look into this.

Premium Features