• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 viper cold air intake suggestions

Y
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonds, WA
Is it a Viper Mountain? Are the ram air vents blocked? If so you can remove the inserts and get a set of prefilters or use some frogskin to let air in and keep snow out. I've also seen guys drill holes above the airbox in the dash shroud.

Another thing to look at is the exhaust exit. Deep snow causes the Vipers (and other triple Yammies) to bog pretty bad. You can make a larger snow deflector out of some cheap sheet aluminum.

Good luck!

T
It is a mtn sled, with triple pipes, I have dirlled about 20 1/2"holes in the windshield deck, which helped with just running down the trail - normal new snow, but with 2 + ft of over the hood type of riding it was junk.

A

apexmtx

Nov 29, 2010
My viper had the same problem and I removed the ram air covers and glued black fiberglass window screen where the covers went and taped off the intake holes under the hood with aluminum foil tape. No issues in three seasons.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I used to have a mesh hood on my SRX that worked well. Just another option, could probably scrounge up a Diamond S one for next to nothing these days.

M5

M

Mcx Nytro

Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
Another thing is make sure your pipes are sealed properly and not exhausting fumed into the airbox(dead air no oxegen)

Premium Features