• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats new for 2014?

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
143b7ed6-b8f9-447d-b8c1-a8f3b171f675_zpsa177078f.jpg

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Funny responses. You Doo guys are pretty witty. I do admit that I like the black/red combo. The yellow/black this year was not pretty to me. I know that you all like to bash our skinny Polaris rides but I have a 13 163 and I have not had one issue with it...........................yet. Anyway, it is light years better than my 11 Pro was in terms of power, handling, throttle response, etc., etc. I am worried about the A Arm issue though. That is a serious problem. I hope the Polaris Head Shed dudes will get a positive response to us soon. The driveshaft and A Arm problems are not design issues. They are manufacturing issues. The aircraft industry has been bonding parts together for years. Do you worry that the wing is going to fall of the Boeing or Airbus that you are flying in? It sucks to have first year issues but everybody has them. I do love the QD drive too. I think that they are durable. That being said, having the brake on the top gives you a little pause when you think what might happen if you break a belt and you are headed down a steep hill with no runout. Hell, that is why we have insurance I guess. Bail off and take the wheel barrow full of scrap to your agent.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Almost forgot. I believe that the Doo XM is 50 lbs. heavier than the Pro. Am I wrong? I thought that somebody did an independent weight test of all three of the mountain sleds recently and that was the approximate difference. I can't quite figure it out when Doo started the whole weight reduction thing with the original XP. They lost their momentum on that one for some reason that I have never figured out. Regarding the 140 lb. gym girl versus the 100 lb. Victoria's Secret girl, I will take the middle ground as in my 120 lb. wife who is both strong and light. Thank you Brazilian Butt Lift!

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
Almost forgot. I believe that the Doo XM is 50 lbs. heavier than the Pro. Am I wrong? I thought that somebody did an independent weight test of all three of the mountain sleds recently and that was the approximate difference. I can't quite figure it out when Doo started the whole weight reduction thing with the original XP. They lost their momentum on that one for some reason that I have never figured out. Regarding the 140 lb. gym girl versus the 100 lb. Victoria's Secret girl, I will take the middle ground as in my 120 lb. wife who is both strong and light. Thank you Brazilian Butt Lift!

hey RMK935VA , you for got to tell us how flickable your pro is ! can you dangle?

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
The 2014 Ski-Doo Models year is set. What you all should do is go to:

http://www.ski-doo.com/community/my-skidoo-idea

and start telling Ski-Doo exactly what you want in the next Summit.

Want it lighter? Tell Them
Want a turbo? Tell Them
Want a 174? Tell Them
Want better shocks? Tell Them

My list was short, just ask for a sub 400 lb dry weight, 200 hp normally aspirated motor, in a Summit package. BRP has the ability to produce such a sled at a reasonable price, we need to convince them of the demand.

This not mission impossible and we can all be agents for this....spread the word and post your ideas.

Link: http://www.ski-doo.com/community/my-skidoo-idea

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Ha Ha! I guess that my Pro is flickable. I don't know if I can dangle or not. I am a 60 year old former college football player (GO BSU BRONCOS!) and powerlifter with 9 (and counting) orthopedic surgeries as a result of those activities and a couple of serious getoffs on bikes and sleds. I am happy just getting up in the mountains and going where the young guys that I ride with go. They rip it up more than me but I get there and back. I truly think that the Pro has extended my riding time and allowed me to enjoy the sport more. I do appreciate the light weight and handling of the sled. I had a 09 Dragon Turbo. I loved the power but the Dragon handled poorly. In fact, the Gen 2 that I had for several years handled better than any of the others (Edge, Dragon) until I bought my 11 Pro. I will not modify my 13 Pro other than the venting, shock valving/fat boy rear spring (for my still too high college football playing weight) and Carl's clutching. The power is plenty and then some for everything that I do these days. No more big chutes for me anyway. I have been buried in an avalanche (Thank you Avalung) and chewed up by a track with the throttle stuck wide open. My extreme riding days are mostly behind me but I am still doing it and still enjoying it even if I suffer for a few days after a hard ride.

Premium Features