• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Recommended financing providers?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I worked for a Civil Engineer a few years ago. He bought sleds saying that his survey crews used them for winter field surveys. We never saw them, we got to use $400 Yamaha Phazers. That's how.

Or you start a powersports company :)

We do all the R&D on the latest equipment. Remember that it is still our money used to buy the stuff. The Govt. Just gives us a break. Nothing is free.

B

blacksnow

Jan 3, 2009
everett, WA
Gigilo'ing??

considering I added appropriate substance to this thread pages ago...a little whoring shall be permitted :whip:

Gigolo%20Book.jpg

S

skidoo_guy

Nov 26, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Just talked to Sheffield and they've got 3.9% for 3 yrs. The guy also mentioned a promotion w/ Skidoo (0/0/0 for 6 months). He wasn't sure if that would go into next month or not so I'll probably just check back at the beginning of November.

I asked my local credit union about it and they can do 3.00% for 3 years and knock a .25% off if there is a checking account there that they can do direct deposit on. Check into credit unions.

J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
Cubby I pay cash for everything now. If I can't pay cash I do without. I am trading in 4 sleds so I only have to come up with the cash for the differences plus the cost of the Yami(my boys and I will have 5 sleds this year). I have 2 years left on my mortgage and a huge mortgage on the place I run my business out of but that is it. Not sure luck had much to do with my financial situation though. I have done the same thing in the same place(my business) for 25 years. I was 42 before I bought myself a brand new truck. Instead of buying expensive sports cars or a big boat I am buying sleds. Things could change for me in a heartbeat. If my income gets cut in half it can't bankrupt me if I have no debt. If I have to sell toys to get by I sell them. I just have been in a spot where I owed more than I could pay and it was miserable. Paying off debt(mostly business, but some personal) cured me of wanting to be in debt.
PJ you don't have to go on the attack just because you don't agree with what someone posts. You are the guy who spent 4 pages defending being on unemployment for 2 years. Obviously you didn't learn from that lesson but don't worry the rest of us will support you and your family if you lose this job too.
Paying down debt, saving for kids college, having an emergency fund, having a retirement plan, investing back into my businesses etc all has to come before toys IMHO. If you are a single young guy the only person who gets hurt if you over extend yourself is you(other than your creditors), but with a wife and kids I have to think differently.

while i respect your opinion, it sounds like you are thinking too agressively towards the use of credit just because you were on the verge of bankruptcy at one point in your life and YOU got overextended. Using credit is fine especially in this environment when rates are so low. Will you pay cash for your children's college? I doubt it. I agree with you that you should avoid credit if you can, i have seen too many people get in over there head and have ZERO savings or other means of getting out of trouble other than a credit card, well that just puts you in a worse situation and it all explodes.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I am paying cash for college too. It's not like I haven't seen that coming for ever. Doesn't anyone save anymore? Saving with compound interest is so much better financially than borrowing with interest for me financially. My kids aren't going to expensive schools(by their choice) but if one of them got accepted to a school that cost a huge amount I would pull money from multiple spots to pay for it. No toys for a few years, whatever it would take. My income fluctuates widely. There are years I basically make nothing and years where I just kill it. Very hard to plan for that but in the boom years I save most of what I make but don't take on any debt. Then the lean years are not as painful or stressful. I have seen how someones financial situation can change very quickly, it has happened to me several time and not to learn from that would be stupid. Again, I don't care how people run their finances, doesn't make them "bad" or stupid, this is just how I have learned to run mine through personal experience.

Premium Features