• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Dragon 8 163" has arrived

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Ron,

could u possibly post some pics that show cooler and tunnel clearance. also is it the same setup as the 08's or not. just wonderin, Thanks!:)

Aprox 1" clearance in the tunnel at the closest point in front. Picture doesn't show much.

DSCN4438.jpg

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Please let me know when that sweet sled is for sale at the end of the season:D

I really like the looks of the new 800's:) They just look like they can climb!!

track~

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
Sticker removal

what is the best thing to use to remove the warning stickers
Use a heat gun or Mama's Hair dryer when she isnt at home. If you dont warm it enough the sticker just breaks off...too much heat and it will stretch..just the right amount and slowly pull them off. Any residue from the adhesive can be removed with "Goof Off"

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Forgot to mention that there are now 2 fuel maps on the 2009 Dragon. They come mapped for Ethanol fuel but by plugging in 2 wires you get the second map with more power for the good fuel. I know you lose 3-5% power with E gas but don't know how that relates to the map change. Guessing that E gas more prone to detonation.

Last edited:

151Viper

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Larimore, ND
Forgot to mention that there are now 2 fuel maps on the Dragon. They come mapped for Ethanol fuel but by plugging in 2 wires you get the second map with more power for the good fuel. I know you lose 3-5% power with E gas but don't know how that relates to the map change. Guessing that E gas more prone to detonation.

I wonder if the shift 800 will have that option?

Apr 21, 2008
So this big long thread and we don't get any pics of the 800? Could we get one please? I don't get my Assault for quite a while yet I need to some pics to drool over before then.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Ron, Question

.... Bonafied 1" at the front of the tunnel.... from the lug tip to the roof of the tunnel above the drive shaft????

The parts books show the same part number for the chassis as the 2008. I wonder where the drop came from? Are they using factory 7 tooth drivers now?

Can I trouble you for a pic of the Chaincase cover and under the hood looking at the details of the bumper mount?

Last edited:
R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Ron, Question

.... Bonafied 1" at the front of the tunnel.... from the lug tip to the roof of the tunnel above the drive shaft????

The parts books show the same part number for the chassis as the 2008. I wonder where the drop came from? Are they using factory 7 tooth drivers now?

Can I trouble you for a pic of the Chaincase cover and under the hood looking at the details of the bumper mount?

I'll spend some more time on the measurement....I stuck a tape through a window and deducted the track/lug height, but may not have been at the closest point.
I'll get some pic's later today...starting mods today.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
Ron, Question

Eric,

Spent some time getting a more accurate measurement....looks like .65". Slid different width material down the tunnel til I found a piece the right thickness. I don't think anything has changed except the thickness of the single ply track...it is 2.51" from one side of track to the tip of cleat. When I get the suspension out I can get the most accurate measurement with calipers, still hart to get the cleat centered exactly.

On another note it seem that the "On Sale" Holtz coilovers from last year will work on the stock 09 rails. Suspensions are still priced at 40% discount at $840 for Zero & $1200 with Floats, including shipping. There is room on the rail to move the rear mount back 2", now checking on the front. Calling Holtz monday & will post my findings.

Last edited:
Premium Features