• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP torque arm

xrs2628

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2011
I have searched around in the polaris turbo thread and found mixed reviews as far as installing the SLP torque arm on turbo sleds. I have a 18 163 2.6 with a Silber kit. I like the turbo kit just the clutches are hot for my liking. I was thinking about trying the SLP arm then trying Indy dan kit next. I have read some people the motor was meant to move and others say it moves to much. I ride at 7500-10500. Thanks!

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I can't comment on the torque arm but I can say my engine motor mounts were clapped out after 1300 miles and my idle was erratic and low most the time. Replaced those and it was good to go. The torque arm is supposed to help prolong the mounts from what I understand.

In regards to the clutch heat, switching to Indy Dan's clutching you'll be able to make a long pull and lay your hand against the clutch with no discomfort. It's substantially better at not building the heat in the first place by design. Similar to the TRS setup.

T
Sep 10, 2009
I have searched around in the polaris turbo thread and found mixed reviews as far as installing the SLP torque arm on turbo sleds. I have a 18 163 2.6 with a Silber kit. I like the turbo kit just the clutches are hot for my liking. I was thinking about trying the SLP arm then trying Indy dan kit next. I have read some people the motor was meant to move and others say it moves to much. I ride at 7500-10500. Thanks!

Use a straight clutch alignment bar (not the one designed for the axys) and check for yourself. You'll clearly see why the engines are designed to flex in the chassis.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I use a torque arm and just set it a little loose to allow the motor to flex back a little before the torque arm gets tight and tries to stop the flex. I do think the motor needs to move in to aliment so just don't set it tight leave some slack in it.

Premium Features