• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check Engine Code 2016 Axys

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
Hey everyone. Hoping to get some help.

I was having an issue with my sled starting and Idling and the biggest problem was when decelerating the sled would just want to completely die once I went below 4,000 RPMs. Read the thread about checking and adjusting the TPS and figured that was the issue so I went through the process. Sure enough the Base Setting was at .714 and the Idle was at .944. I adjusted to .700 and .940 and I did this in my garage at roughly 4500 feet in elevation. It started and idled like new in my garage and I thought that it fixed the issue. Took it up to 9k' and kept getting an intermittent check engine light on and the problems aforementioned came back but many times worse. So bad to the point that it was impossible to keep it running as it fell below 4,000 RPM and even would completely flood out and not start again without removing the plugs and drying them out. Once I would get it started again I would go rip it and it would run like normal above 5,500 RPM but as the RPM would drop it would completely flood out and die on me. There was one point where the Check Engine Code flashed on the screen but not long enough to remember any of it (I believe it started with a 5). Not sure if there is a way to recall a check engine code without the digital wrench. Tried starting it with the brake set and hitting the "mode" and "select" tabs and it doesn't bring up any code.

Has anyone had this type of issue after adjusting the TPS? I'm not sure if that is the cause of the problem or not but that is the thing that I changed.

Thanks again for the help!!

Last edited:

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
Forgot to mention.... it has a 2016 BD sidekick turbo

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I have not seen any issue with TPS lately but that does not mean it is not possible. You may want to have a dealer check it as you may be outside the range.

Also is there an other running issues? Low RPM or anything? Have you checked your Exhaust valves?

nater24

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2010
I have not seen any issue with TPS lately but that does not mean it is not possible. You may want to have a dealer check it as you may be outside the range.

Also is there an other running issues? Low RPM or anything? Have you checked your Exhaust valves?

I'm gonna to take it to the dealer so they hook up with the digital wrench. Yes, I've had issues with the low RPM at the upper RPMs so I cleaned the Exhaust Valves and had them relearned at the dealer. Also replaced the relay switches, replaced the motor mounts, replaced the Primary Spring and checked all the clutching and got back to about 8350-8400 as a max RPM. It runs great once I'm above 5,500 rpm, it's just once it starts falling below that at upper elevations that it starts to want to die.

Premium Features