• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTNTK or Silber kit for the axys?

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Hi.

About to pull the trigger on a Axys, and since ive been riding turbo for the last 3.5years, and this season in no exception.

I know the Silber is $1000 cheaper in the US, but I live in Norway where there is no Silber dealer. So after import dutys and shipping they are only $2-300 in difference. So price is not the issue here.

Im looking for reliability, performance and fitment.

What kit do you do you recommend the most, MTNTK or Silber?

I want to try a kit with Bully Dog flash, so I wont buy Boondocker this year.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I put my silber kit right at the end of the season last year and have limited miles on it. It seems to run good, but on the last day I rode it seemed to run pretty rich. That being said, I attribute it to being about 60* out. My buddy with this turbo '14 pro with a boondocker kit seemed to be running fine though. So far, I think the kit will turn out fine, but I'll have to get some more miles on it next year before I can make that determination.

Fitment of parts seemed to be good, no real complaints there. and this thing looks killer after that stainless starts gaining some heat discoloration! Love the look of the kit with the side panel off. My only complaint on the install is shipping time on sending the ECU off to get flashed. Even after taking extra steps to have it back by the weekend (sent off the thursday before), silber failed to overnight the ECU back to me and I lost TWO weekends of riding because of it. Other than that I'm happy with it. Time will tell if I do Silber or boondocker on the next go around.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The axys ones aren't crazy loud. You do get a lot more intake noise from the turbo but exhaust wise its no louder then most cans on sleds.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
2 buddies and I went with MTNTK based on the value.

Water to air intercooler
Borg Warner Turbo
Bully Dog GT tuner

MTNTK makes more hp on pump gas, cooling issues are resolved with the intercooler setup, the GT tuner is awesome because you don't have to send your ECU out to be reflashed and you can use the tuner as a diagnostic tool, BW EFR turbo is top of the line - 50% lighter turbine wheel, and flows way more air (I assume since KPa doesn't post compressor or turbine maps), they move the injectors before the throttle bodies for better bottom end cooling and reed life, the oiling scheme doesn't force oil through the turbo seals slowing spool down, their muffler is historically quieter, although I'm glad to hear Silber is doing a quiet muffler now.

MTNTK is more expensive though.... by like $1000. And that buys a lot of other goodies. But the $1000 extra was well worth it to us so pick your poison. We're all running 10lbs at 6000' so the better turbo and intercooler was big driver for our group.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Silber

Running 2 axys on silber one at 5 lbs other at 7 that I just finished building but ready for next season. Other buddy put 2600 on his this season at 7 lbs and never had a issue except belt every 800, few primary springs. They run flawless mine ran great all season even at 70 in spring pull and go. Won't buy another turbo. Depending on your elevaton might look at internal gate kit too. Even cheaper from silber. Good luck boost rocks. Yes they have quieted muffler option too

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Running 2 axys on silber one at 5 lbs other at 7 that I just finished building but ready for next season. Other buddy put 2600 on his this season at 7 lbs and never had a issue except belt every 800, few primary springs. They run flawless mine ran great all season even at 70 in spring pull and go. Won't buy another turbo. Depending on your elevaton might look at internal gate kit too. Even cheaper from silber. Good luck boost rocks. Yes they have quieted muffler option too

It never seemed to run rich? Like I mentioned above the last ride of the year a buddy and I went to a mototrax demo ride and after the test ride we were playing on the closed ski slopes. Coming down off the hill its like it would load up and take a couple of chops of the throttle to clear it up. This was running 92 octane non ethanol. Do you run additive or anything on 5 lbs?

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
2 buddies and I went with MTNTK based on the value.

Water to air intercooler
Borg Warner Turbo
Bully Dog GT tuner

MTNTK makes more hp on pump gas, cooling issues are resolved with the intercooler setup, the GT tuner is awesome because you don't have to send your ECU out to be reflashed and you can use the tuner as a diagnostic tool, BW EFR turbo is top of the line - 50% lighter turbine wheel, and flows way more air (I assume since KPa doesn't post compressor or turbine maps), they move the injectors before the throttle bodies for better bottom end cooling and reed life, the oiling scheme doesn't force oil through the turbo seals slowing spool down, their muffler is historically quieter, although I'm glad to hear Silber is doing a quiet muffler now.

MTNTK is more expensive though.... by like $1000. And that buys a lot of other goodies. But the $1000 extra was well worth it to us so pick your poison. We're all running 10lbs at 6000' so the better turbo and intercooler was big driver for our group.

Agree with this. The injectors are also upgraded. The additional cooler allowed warm weather riding without issue even when towing skiers. The power is snappy and linear. The kit is extremely well thought out. Install is more involved.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
I went Silber External waste gate with the option to upgraded to a inter cooler if I come to find out it is absolutely needed. Boston Racing assured me that I would not need it. We will see about that one.
I was also told that they are working on some upgrades/ extras to the kit for 2017.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Hi.

About to pull the trigger on a Axys, and since ive been riding turbo for the last 3.5years, and this season in no exception.

I know the Silber is $1000 cheaper in the US, but I live in Norway where there is no Silber dealer. So after import dutys and shipping they are only $2-300 in difference. So price is not the issue here.

Im looking for reliability, performance and fitment.

What kit do you do you recommend the most, MTNTK or
Silber?
I want to try a kit with Bully Dog flash, so I wont buy Boondocker this year.
With that little price difference in your part of the world, it would be MTNTK all the way.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Ended up pulling the trigger on the MTNTK kit. Looking forward to winter now, summer is going to be loooong :face-icon-small-dis

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
Ended up pulling the trigger on the MTNTK kit. Looking forward to winter now, summer is going to be loooong :face-icon-small-dis

You'll be happy. Be careful when cutting the holes for the tunnel cooler. You want the hoses to just touch the back of the fuel tank. Templates were a little off on scale(maybe fixed now). Pinch off the oil supply line when re-clocking the pump or you'll have a mess. Also, be gentle with the fuel pump nipples when changing out lines. Side load will cause a hairline crack that's hard to diagnose and the pump is very spendy. Their tech support is awesome but if you need info, PM me and I'll try to help since I made the mistakes mentioned above.:face-icon-small-win

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
No my silber kits never ran rich this spring stayed consistent all season from neck deep powder to 70 corn snow was fine. I did get a batch of terrible trick 110 but went back to my AV pump mix and good. Shouldn't have let gas guy talk me into trick garbage

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
You'll be happy. Be careful when cutting the holes for the tunnel cooler. You want the hoses to just touch the back of the fuel tank. Templates were a little off on scale(maybe fixed now). Pinch off the oil supply line when re-clocking the pump or you'll have a mess. Also, be gentle with the fuel pump nipples when changing out lines. Side load will cause a hairline crack that's hard to diagnose and the pump is very spendy. Their tech support is awesome but if you need info, PM me and I'll try to help since I made the mistakes mentioned above.:face-icon-small-win
Thanks for the input, will be helpfull :)

Premium Features