• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx sled packages

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
Not that it is a bad thing, but I wonder if there is a discount if you choose not to take the backcountry ride?

R
Interesting... Does Speedwerx ever advertise their pipe HP? They sure don't on their site that I could find.
Before I bought my Jaws pipe I did a lot of research and no one could come close to Jaws' HP. Most of the others were 6 to 8.
Dynoport is starting to advertise about the most HP produced for Arctic Cat. I sent Rich Daly an email and he told me that they are starting to update their computers and they are currently developing. That doesn't tell me that they are the HP king.
I know Dynoport from the triple triple era and oh ya, they made dam good pipes. Just an FYI there.
I have never purchased Speedwerx before but from what I have seen, I am not impressed. Just my opinion.

What is everyone elses opinion? Who has experience with Speedwerx but I am not talking supercharger. Pipes, pipes, pipes. You can put a Supercharger on a '67 Skidoo Olympic and it will move. Big deal....

Do they stand behind their numbers? Do they have numbers??

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
the HP of the packages is plastered right on the front of the page, but they don't seam to list what the pipe does. I know I pulled a solid 15 from the jaws pipe BD box combo ( a lot less parts than the stage one kit advertises here....)

Last edited:

MT Backcountry

Lifetime Membership
Aug 29, 2008
Montana
Speedwerx Pipes

I've ran 2 sets of pipes from them and worked Very Well IMOP. Cat 900 Twins lots of power, M1000 single still have, Never stops pulling. No dyno #'s but they work. I've also always ran the weights and springs they recommended with the pipes and was very happy, No Tuning, Install and run, same to this day.

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I'm currently running their supercharger setup and I can honestly say its truly a pull the rope and go sled. I put 500 miles on last year and not one issue.

My previous sled had their 800 BB kit with y-pipe, pipe and clutching. I ran a boondockers fuel controller which Speedwerx provided the map for. I did have to make some very minor adjustment on the lower end, but that was it. After that it was pull the rope and go.

I have been very happy with every product that I've purchased from Speedwerx. Give Jeremy a call and tell him exactly what your looking for. I don't think not going on the ride will get you a discount, but installing the kit you are interested in yourself should save you some $$$.

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
If you are making 225 hp at sea level with the supercharger how much do you think it has at 10000 feet? Or is a supercharger going to loose about the same amount of hp at elevation as a turbo?

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
I know of a guy that is getting the stage 3 with "all" of the bells and whistles. He rode one of his friends sleds last year and said it is like riding a BB turbo with a little less top end pull. The guy that had the sled said he never touched anything at all as far as programming all year. Almost sounds too good to be true. I am hoping to go on a ride with him once there is enough snow.

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
I know of a guy that is getting the stage 3 with "all" of the bells and whistles. He rode one of his friends sleds last year and said it is like riding a BB turbo with a little less top end pull. The guy that had the sled said he never touched anything at all as far as programming all year. Almost sounds too good to be true. I am hoping to go on a ride with him once there is enough snow.
I can't answer the horsepower loss question but my buddy has rob Kincaid's 2014 supercharged sled and it truly was pull the rope and go. I never saw him touch anything. It was just as happy bouncing down the trail as it was ripped wide open in deep snow or pulling a hill. I was really impressed and I always preach about leaving **** stock so you don't have troubles. He's selling the sled now only to get another one

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by the supercharged sleds. It would be really neat to pick up an 800 Pro-lite sled and then drop it off at speedwerx for the supercharger install. I'm guessing you would need to keep the oil injection if the supercharger isn't tuned for pre-mix.

BDX Pro-lite 162 with BD turbo option: $25950.
BDX Pro-lite 162 with Speedwerx supercharger installed: $26100.
BDX Pro-lite 162 with Speedwerx supercharger installed + TKI belt drive (add yourself): $27000.
BDX Pro-lite 162 with BD turbo option, C3 belt drive, jackshaft: $27150
Speedwerx 162 stage 3 sled with all their options including belt drive: $26750.

Pretty evenly split pricing. Would probably come down to your boost preference and which sled was ultimately lighter ready to ride. If getting a dyno sheet from Speedwerx is tough, it might be tougher to see a pic of their top sled hanging on a scale.

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
One of the things that I heard about the supercharger is that 45 miles is the max for a tank of fuel. It takes fuel to make HP so if they are running as good as they are and they are getting 45 miles to a tank it must be making the power. I seen at the end of the video when they put Kinkade and Mclure's sleds together that there was a special fuel tank mounted on the tunnel of the sleds. I also seen in the package they had a special fuel tank that could be added. I know the Trail Tanks used to be around 14 gallons, but I know they have gotten smaller due to the changes in the coolant bottle and stuff. How much do they hold now?

O
Dec 9, 2010
High falls, NY
One of the things that I heard about the supercharger is that 45 miles is the max for a tank of fuel. It takes fuel to make HP so if they are running as good as they are and they are getting 45 miles to a tank it must be making the power. I seen at the end of the video when they put Kinkade and Mclure's sleds together that there was a special fuel tank mounted on the tunnel of the sleds. I also seen in the package they had a special fuel tank that could be added. I know the Trail Tanks used to be around 14 gallons, but I know they have gotten smaller due to the changes in the coolant bottle and stuff. How much do they hold now?

I rode with a speedwerx supercharger last season and it flat out ripped! He was getting more than 45 miles to a tank tho. We were riding hard all day and maybe 50-65 miles a day and he was getting back to the lodge without using his spare tunnel mounted can.

I just purchased a new trail tank and it holds 13.8 gallons. i measured it when i took it out of the box!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
If you are making 225 hp at sea level with the supercharger how much do you think it has at 10000 feet? Or is a supercharger going to loose about the same amount of hp at elevation as a turbo?

should be close to the same hp just have to run a different pulley to speed up the supercharger to create more boost just like the EBC work on the turbos

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
The chargers make a very similar amount of boost at different elevations. But they also use tuning to keep the horsepower and torque the same adlt different elevations, so you don't have to change clutching. On all 6 that we sold, they all got the same clutching, some went to 7000ft, some to 9000ft. I ride mine in Seeley lake, which starts off at about 4500, and also in cooke city, which ends at 10500. Every sled every time will run 8400 rpms. Regardless of exact psi. you can also simply change pulleys for different boost, I am running about 9.2 on pump fuel, mixed. We have not seen any difference in tuning comparing a premixed sled to oil injected. Also, people need to quit with the fuel consumption. I have over 1000 miles on my sled, stock tank, all mountain riding, and have done multiple hard 70 mile days. I don't even take a Jerry can with me. If you are not a decent mechanic, I would not recommend installing these, they are not difficult to install, just time consuming and a few critical steps to ensure everything will be right.
87770c1af65e0c6f51b336fbd78c9b5c.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Premium Features