• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13MY and 14My upper a arms are different?

I hit a rock this weekend and replaced the upper, lower a-arms, and the shock on the right side of a 14MY Summit SP 163. The dealer did not have the 14MY upper a-arm, so I got the 13MY one to get back on the mountain. It bolted up ok, but the right ski is about an inch rearward and there is a visual difference between the alignment of the upper and lower ball joints when comparing right side to left side. I talked to 2 dealers and called skidoo customer service, and searched this forum, but was unable to get a confirmation on the difference in the upper a-arm between 13 and 14.

If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the info. I would buy the 14 a-arm in a heartbeat if there's a good chance it would put the ski forward to match the other side.

Thanks
The Wedge.

rmk8000

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2013
saskatchewan canada
I'm thinking something else is bent. I heard of a few people having a ski move back an inch without any visable damage. But I'm no expert

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Looking back and forth at both of mine, with a 13 in my hand on top of 14 on sled... I don't see it. Imo... zero change. Maybe a production difference, different joint, something like that... but dimensionally, same thing man.

ROKRIG

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2012
The S-module looks like a pain in the *** to replace. Quite a few heavy duty rivets holding that bad boy in place.

E
Feb 20, 2013
GP, alberta
i bent my bottom a-arm earlier this winter, and replaced it, shock isn't lined up in the center of the top a-arm like the other side, and you can notice one ski slightly rearwards vs the other.... even though i can't see it, I'm thinking my s-module is tweaked as well :face-icon-small-fro. gonna take mine apart this summer. but my season is pooched now anyways since i fractured my femur over the weekend. :eek:hwell::mmph: :mmph: :doh: LOL

Last edited:

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Arms are the same on all the xp's and xm's. They did change the spindles on I believe last years xm, but the geom. is all the exact same as far as ''Arms". They can change part #'s for things as silly as a change in vendors, so you cant always go by that. Not a doubt in my mind you bent the S mod. Simply sucks they are that soft, but they are. Thanks!
Dan

Premium Features