• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vohk built carls cycle 900 turbo pro

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
S

St0rm77

Oct 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Alberta
need longer clip to truly make an educated decision on the performance..... or take VOHK's and Carls' word for it. i think the later will apply; but a longer clip would be awesome too!

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
I was there when erik took us out in a group, that sled was the hardest running sled on the mountain that day and also got the 1st place prize for "looks":face-icon-small-win...

Its an awesome setup!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
For some reason the link isn't working for me. I'd sure like to see it.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
For some reason the link isn't working for me. I'd sure like to see it.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Ok, got it. Had to get on regular computer. Tablet didn't work last night.

Sweet sounding sled. I would love to see some comparison clips.

900T vs stock
900T vs 900
900T vs 800T
900T vs PAR1100 :)

A

aus091

Dec 25, 2008
I've ridden this sled with the 900 motor naturally aspirated and with boost. With boost it's absolutely way faster. Compared to an 800 turbo it's considerably faster as well. Erik Woog is running an rk tec 858 turbo and that's actually faster than my sled. The 858 flows more air so he is running a bigger turbo also. The 858 isn't as punchy on the bottom but it's a rocket on top. My sled is running a gt 2860 turbo.

VOHK

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2006
Colorado
www.vohk.com
I rarely chime in on threads like this, however feel there is a bit more to talk about here. First of all anyone who knows me knows I am a fan of power, period, it matter less who or how it comes as long as there is a ridiculous amount of it. That said, the Carl's build turned out great, the motor pulls with authority right off the bottom and got along well with the GTX 2860 at 11k'. It does however fall a tic short on the big end, which is consistent with what find on the natural aspirated units as well. Its a nice motor, and if it were a 1/3 the cost it would be a home run. The trouble starts and ends with the numbers, at more than double the cost of the RKTek 858 one would expect more, bottom line even the RKTek drop in will out leg the Carl's 900 and its less than $800. Generally budget is an important consideration to most riders considering any level of build, if one were to equate horsepower per dollar the choice is pretty clear... As Austin mention the RKTek 858 turbo with a GTX 2863 at a half pound less boost was MUCH faster than the 900 with only a minor sacrifice in bottom end punch due to the application of the larger turbo. For those wondering, the RKTek motor did not like the 2860 at all, it flows way too much air, we will be testing even larger turbos soon to explore the ceiling on this package. More on that later...Hope this helps to clear things up on this matter.

A

aus091

Dec 25, 2008
Thanks for elaborating Erik. To anyone interested in turbo performance I would definitely refer you to vohk and alpine motorsports. The wealth of knowledge and the level of customer service is unbeatable. Thanks again for the awesome sled Erik.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
so we have 1 cpc m8 1 cpc m1k and vohk m8 in our group and love each of them. The support Erik has provided along with the detail of records he keep is complete amazing for every sled he tune is well worth it. I do find it odd nobody will acknowledge the question about price as many in out group may be a future customer. Carls is just across town for support but find the big pink elephant on price tells me if i have to ask i just cant afford it. this might just keep our group back one more year.
nice to see the tec info, why not flow the 900 on the GTX 2863 as this is a much more efficient turbo to begin with.

T

turbo pro

Dec 19, 2010
My Rk 858 is a runner too! I have a 3071 comp on it and this motor will light that 3071 as fast has my 800 would light my 2860! It has great bottom end with tons of top end! Very happy with the set up!

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Come on Austin we all know it's that high performance glue on the side panel that makes this thing rip:face-icon-small-hap This sled rips, along with everything else Erik builds.

The wealth of high performance knowledge from Erik is amazing, and the fact the he is a no bullsh*t kinda guy that isn't afraid to tell you his honest opinion about products he has tested (good or bad) is what will keep me coming back. I had big plans on spending a lot more money on my build and Erik talked me out of most all of it. After letting him do it the way he wanted to and riding it I am really happy I listened to him and saved myself a lot of coin.

A

aus091

Dec 25, 2008
Your sled turned out awesome man, Erik got that thing tuned to the T.

Premium Features