• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight Lithium Battery

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Been using this in my beta 250rr all summer and it ruled, no gel or liquid inside so it will not freeze, in fact alaska state troopers are using them in their sleds down to minus 70.

A

adamd1979

Dec 17, 2011
Kenai, Alaska
Hope this one is better then my Shorai lith batt. It lasted about 4 months in my bike before it gave up. The cold weather plus a Ktm 540 killed it. I think if I had just used it for summer use, it would have made it ok. I just now installed a Yuasa YTZ7S for this next season and I gave the lith batt to my friend to use on his cr500 for lights and such

Last edited:

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lithium batteries have a common theme ! They don't last/work ! Ive seen Shorai, Ballistic batteries that just quit. Antigravity told me some are built better than others and some cells are better than others. I talked to a major dealer that build new CR500's and they said every 3rd lithium they bring in is a dud. Why bother ?

Put a Yuasa YTZ7S in your KTM and be done with it ! Lead acid is proven, Lithium isn't !

E

eskimojoe77

Nov 30, 2011
More proven than lead acid

LEG. Kickstart. Manliness. Grow a pair and get some exercise while you're at it. Maybe I'm just jealous that Adam1979 has a magic button, or more likely I'm just cheap and kicking is cheaper than starters and batteries. Besides, my CR500 doesn't have that option. So kickstart it is. But clearly it makes me superior to all of you. Nope, cheap.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Yes it is true that not all lithiums are equal, many use gel or liquid, earthx does not and that is why it works very well in the cold. The alaska state troopers use it in their sleds in alaska...they are designed for cold, most are not...

Like the superclamp.net page on facebook and the earthx batteries page on facebook as we will be having draws soon on how to win a free earthx battery which is the best way to try it.

Last edited:
Premium Features