• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

137 or 146 FreeRide HELP!

S
Today is the day! Pulling the trigger on a FreeRide, but I'm still undecided on the r-Motion or t-Motion rear skid. I run 50/50 on & off trail in the UP, and a trip or two out west. I like to jump and bang the trails hard, any help in this decision would be greatly appreciated.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I simply love the 2.5" Flexy track. Works so well in the deep snow but also doesn't hold you up any on the trail. We rarely ride ice or super hard trails out here though. You are going to have a better sled for your trips if you go 146. That said, Dan Treadway(pro rider for Ski Doo) got that 137 around BC as far as anyone on pretty much anything but hes and average size pro rider. You will have to decide which is more important, riding at home or on the trips. I always shade my stuff to deep snow because that is where I want it to really work. On the off days I just deal with it.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
My 146 is horrendous on the trail... and I love it for that. I'll sacrifice that 3-15 minutes of trail performance for the day full of awesome. If I cared about trail I'd probably avoid the flex track & T-mo.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Kaleb, your running no sway bar right? was the XM you tried with the sway bar still as bad on the trail? I remember you saying it made a huge difference in off trail for sure, but forget about on trail.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Kaleb, your running no sway bar right? was the XM you tried with the sway bar still as bad on the trail? I remember you saying it made a huge difference in off trail for sure, but forget about on trail.

The one I rode with a swaybar I didn't ride on trail, but Jeremy (jermbob) says his is pretty bad on trail as well & he was connected until he rode mine a little bit. This is coming from a 12 doo for him, coming from an M series for me. After he disconnected he did say it was much worse.

For around here, I think the quick disco would be a good investment if you care about the trail, but It's not as if we're racing, and Jeremy & I end up waiting for other folks anyhow, so it must not be that bad. Still, if I honestly spent 50% of my time CARING about trail performance, I don't think I'd get a T motion.

Of course, you could get the T-mo, and if you don't like it, someone WILL buy it to swap out their mountain sled.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Should just buy my 137 Freeride. :) Awesome on trail, good in the mountains the majority of rides. I have climbed some STEEP stuff with it, but that is not in super deep fresh, so cannot comment on how it does in that.

Premium Features