• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Simmons gen2 ?

Nov 26, 2008
williston
Hey
just wondering if anyone had success with the gen 2 simmons. My timbersled ski wont be in till end of feb and i have two trips planned before that. I need more floatation! thanks

S
Jun 22, 2011
WHy do the Simmons 2 Skis suck bad? I have one with the extra runners on the outside and seems to be ok but I have never tried anything because that is what it came with.

T
Nov 24, 2010
In the deep the Gen 2 is Far better than the stock ski. In very deep dense snow the 6" wide stocker dives bad when your not on the throttle. I am confident the new TS 10" ski will be fantastic. I really dont give a rusty rats a$$ about trail riding as I only use them to get to the fluff anyway. That said, yes the Gen1 and 2 both suck on hard snow and trails so I just use the Gen2 for my all around ski.
Ill spring for a the new model for probably next season if I dont get an updated kit.

Oz

cr500afx

Premium Member
Dec 18, 2008
In the deep the Gen 2 is Far better than the stock ski. In very deep dense snow the 6" wide stocker dives bad when your not on the throttle. I am confident the new TS 10" ski will be fantastic. I really dont give a rusty rats a$$ about trail riding as I only use them to get to the fluff anyway. That said, yes the Gen1 and 2 both suck on hard snow and trails so I just use the Gen2 for my all around ski.
Ill spring for a the new model for probably next season if I dont get an updated kit.

Oz

I agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Premium Features