• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AVY on helmet cam, with buried rider

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
A lot of these videos popping up all over. This is very scary.

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
A great example of where NOT to sit or stand when your buddies are cutting a hill.

R

Ritfire73

Jan 5, 2009
Laramie Wy
One at a time guys!! Lets use some common sense this year/every year!! The avy risk is already through the roof and the Fatalities are stacking up at a ridiculous rate. :director:

Now, go have fun and post some pics!! (Im stuck in Kentucky for a while and there isnt any snow here)

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Why do I hear "Shovel! Shovel!"?? My shovel rides in my pack, on my back at all times, and I can have it in my hand and digging in about 5 seconds.

Looks like this year is going to be dangerous because of the sugar snow underneath any snow that we get... PLEASE put a shovel and a probe in your pack, so they're easy to get to. They're not for you, they're for your buddies, who will certainly buy you a beer later if you dig them out fast!!

Be safe!
Chris

icerider600

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Castlewood SD
Ok we all ride in these places and we all have to be aware of what might happen! I just hate it when they give it to natinal news outlets and they blow it up beyond what it actually is:face-icon-small-dis And yes Every guy should have a shovel with them, this I dont understand?? You always have to be aware and ready for this at all times, if you dont you shouldnt be out there! I had a few buddies that got buried out at Cooke City 2 years ago, thats why we just dont go out there anymore, we all decided it would suck if we ever lost any one of us, let alone the 15 hour drive back home without one of us!

Premium Features