• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new FIX IT thread please

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
So I know there are several of us that would like to read the thread but dont pay for our membership. Will some one please post here your feedback on PMS MTNTK FIX KIT. I am curious about milage/ performance/ durability.
THanks in advance!

I put the fix in my 09 last April and put about 200 miles on it. Checked it out last night. Never pulled the head but pulled the y-pipe and looked inside while rotating the primary. Everything looks really good, no scoring at all. Performance wise, wow is all I can say. Climbs alot better than before. Engine is alot quiter too. I do have a power commander and found it to be lean in the midrange at lower elevation.( went into det mode) So, the maps will most likely have to be tweeked due to the higher compression. Highly recommend it!:face-icon-small-hap

J

jim9006

Sep 7, 2008
Cle Elum WA
home.comcast.net
I'll let you know after I get my cylinders back from USChrome... Here's what I understand so far.

Maps for your PC(X) should work the same after as they did before assuming no other changes were made (or close enough anyways). Everything I've heard/seen/read says the fix is the best bet yet for the CFI 800. The longer skirt and correctly sized pistons (I'm assuming you actually check) go a long way in fixing an inherent design flaw of a short stroke big bore. Ever notice your sled rattles like a worn out engine? I sure did... from day one, but I just couldn't believe it. I just thought that thats how a big bore sounds.... I did however pull the cylinders to check (you can read about what I found in another thread) and ordered a "fix" kit.

Last edited:

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
So I know there are several of us that would like to read the thread but dont pay for our membership. Will some one please post here your feedback on PMS MTNTK FIX KIT. I am curious about milage/ performance/ durability.
THanks in advance!

Isn't the premium member information worth a couple of bucks? You will surely miss out on reviews.

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
THanks in advance!

I hadn't noticed the part about not wanting to pay.....you get more bang/buck with this site than any other cost involved in snowmobiling. Pay up!

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
THanks in advance!

youre missing the point. is not paying for a membership worth not having the access to knowledge the that will save you hundreds of dollars and lost riding time.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Jim- I never did anything else but install the fix kit and it is too lean in the mid range with the 157 hp map from jim at dynotech. I have heard other people having the same problem.

I ask this as serious as can be, what makes you think that map is too lean in the mid range? Are you basing this off of an AFR gauge or Pyrometer's, plug reads? Sometimes DET mode is mistaken for leaness or deto and can be triggered by clutching IE...not loading the motor down enough and will usually kick the light going down a trail when the track, clutches, and motor are not fully loaded.

The reason I ask is that map is pretty fat in the mid range already. What Polaris Flash (map) are you running in the ECM? Are you also running a head?

diamond dave- I am not running a head. I have ran the pc5 with the same map in the same areas and had no issues before I installed the fix kit. No, I do not have pyros installed yet. Yes I pull the plugs to check color, wash, etc. It is just odd how I am having issues now with the pc5 and fix kit and none before when running the pc5 with the "updated" crappy pistons from polaris.

T

The_PooDragon

Nov 24, 2011
Grande Prairie
Heck of a first post!

Here goes:

I have an 08' 800 with the "FIX" - head spacer, Wiseco pistons, yadda yadda. SLP pipe and a power commander.

I hit 1100 miles on the fix today (it burned down 3 engines on warranty before the fix went in). The sled out-pulls the new PRO, and not by a little - by a lot.

A friend has the fix on his (identical machine), with an Aerocharger, and has had no grief after about the same mileage.

Knock on wood, my sled is fixed.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Thanx 4 the info guys! MY not having a premium account is a non issue. I have shared a lot of helpful info on here as well, and I will continue to after I buy the mtn tek kit. Thanks again and happy thanksgiving!

T

The_PooDragon

Nov 24, 2011
Grande Prairie
the poo dragon- what map are you running in the pc? I just put on a slp single and put the stoutner map in as well. you have any issues with running lean?

I run the map that Gaudin's Honda in Beaverlodge, AB built. It's been perfect, no lean condition that I'm aware of.

Sled pulls very hard through out entire RPM band. I might have had the first fix kit in Canada, a friend brought it up from Idaho - it was installed in November of last year.

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
Broke my new fix kit in on 10lbs of boost in submarine snow conditions. Finished off the day towing a sled off the mountain. So far so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Nov 28, 2007
As soon as i have time to instal my own fix kit i can let you know how it runs with boost as well!
I became a dealer for the "fix kit" I have personally installed 2 kits myself and have one to put on mine too. Both sleds are noticeably quieter(as far as the engine noise) and have much better power/throttle response! I would recommend this kit for anyone with a D8 because without the fix, its not if, Its WHEN

Premium Features