• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Arctic Cats released - M800 & M1100 Turbo photos

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

2fun4u

Feb 20, 2002
Mountain Home, ID
www.2coolairvents.com
Why would they go away from the awesome seat from the 2010 and 2011? That part doesn't make sense to me. Like Polaris, NO STORAGE on the sled.

I see the A-arms and spindles being replaced in my world a LOT. omg!

Hm......Not sure. Guess i'll have to ride one.

;) 2fun

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I think most of that area is taken up by the tank. If not then I agree, why not leave the stroage. Heck mine holds all my tools 9 refreshments a bottle of water rope a spare belt and a lunch with room to spare. If I have to throw most of that back in the pack Im not going to be happy.

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
Here's the white LE

DSC_8964.jpg
Thanks but how come no pics in the powder or climbing

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
So what would you compare the handling to?

Is more like an M with a good set of aggressive skis?

Or closer to the PRO (which feels a lot like an M to me) other then the narrower panels?

Or is it more stable like the XP (gulp)?

Do the narrower panels like the PROs make this an easier machine to sidehill?

Is it as flickable as the M or PRO?

Is there a sway bar?

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado

Or closer to the PRO (which feels a lot like an M to me) other then the narrower panels?

Is there a sway bar?

X's 2

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Running board edge grip

As it says, they look smooth. That's how I got hurt in the first place a while back.

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com

Is there a sway bar?

Uhh, ok. Here's the quick answers.

Is more like an M with a good set of aggressive skis? No, it's nothing like an M Series. Remember when the M7 came out in '05 and how it felt to get back on a King Cat 1M chassis? That's how the ProClimb makes the M Series feel now.

Or closer to the PRO (which feels a lot like an M to me) other then the narrower panels? I would say it's closer to the Pro than it is to the M Series. You ride the front end of the sled more like you do on a Pro, if that makes any sense. It doesn't feel as instantly light and tippy like an M Series, but more driveable... like a Pro.

Or is it more stable like the XP (gulp)? No. It's more stable, but not like an XP. However, you have to realize the horizontal steering system is mostly what makes an XP feel like an XP. So if you are talking the base model M800 which has the same horizontal steering system as the trail version, it will react that way. The M800 Sno Pro's vertical steering post gives it a rider-forward feel at the controls without feeling "stable."

Do the narrower panels like the PROs make this an easier machine to sidehill? It's not a ton narrower. But it does hold an aggressive sidehill. I haven't had a chance to have the ProClimb M800 and a M8 on the snow simultaneously, but I can go back and forth between a Pro and the M800 and take the same line choices through the trees.

Is it as flickable as the M or PRO? Ask Burandt.

Is there a sway bar? No.

Last edited:
A

ArcticJunkie

Mar 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
Great thanks for the reply!!!! Can't wait to hear some more info on these sleds and less of all the bashing when people don't have a clue!!!!!

S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
ask Burandt? thats funny!:face-icon-small-coo
on the record or off, he will prolly think its a TRICK Question. lamo!

Justified

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
fourthmeal
i got a question for you
which sleds come with the telescopic bars? whats with the bars you showed? if you could can you explain this to me,
thanks allot

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Only the 800 snow pro and the 800 hcr come with the vertical steering and teloscopic post.

Premium Features