• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m8 turbo flooding

D
Dec 5, 2007
This has happened 5 times I go to start my sled in the morning and it floods so bad you have to pull the pipe and dump the fuel out,torch down into the cylinders and then i can get it to start,then the sled will run fine the rest of the day go out to start it the next morning same thing,could a pipe sensor make the sled flood every once in a while code 17 flashes.has anybody had this same thing happen?

A

arctic matt

Nov 29, 2007
Cache Valley Ut.
Have you figured it out yet? My friend has the same issue with his 09 M8 turbo. We can't seem to figure this out either. He's swapped in and out different combinations of ECU's and injectors, and he gets the same results.... a flooded sled!!!

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Sometimes when a fuel pressure regulator goes bad it pushes fuel through the boost reference line into the airbox or where ever its plumbed to. Could be the cause.

D
Dec 5, 2007
pipe sensor

Changed out the pipe sensor and it runs fine no more flooding,the pipe sensor must have been telling the sled it was lean and put it in full rich mode,changed out the sensor and the problem is gone.

Premium Features