• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rode the new 2011 PRO-RMK today, awesome!!!!!!

P
Feb 9, 2010
You're absolutely right, you should but do you have to? But we're all wondering the same about you complaining, just buy it and spend more time on your sled instead of on here telling everyone how cheap you are to just get it done and go have fun

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
stmike, well you seem pretty undecided and the bog sucks but what a change the pcv makes! see my link below for the dyno results with the pcv on my 09-D8 and with out but the pcv fixed the bog, hesitation, stumble, burp, and farting my sled did before the pcv.

polarisguy1982, is right you will beable to ride and enjoy your sled and it is well worth the money.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209047

I ordered my PC-V from Jim at Dynotech. It includes a 1 year subscription to his website & dyno results.

585-993-2777

http://www.dynotechresearch.com/

by the way who jacked this thread to be about a bog instead of the new sleds? WTF

info@dynotechresearch.com

Tell him you read the IQ thread & posts ref the PC-V on SnoWest.

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
Everyone seems to dump several hundred dollars or even thousands into their sleds on bags, cosmetics etc., and complain about spending less than 400.00 to make the sled run great. Does not make any sense to me. I spent around 900.00 on ski's bags, vents etc.. Not much of a return on my investment financially, but great therapy. Summary, everyone should be running the PCV, best and cheapest mod one can do.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
thats very true but the other makes are running aftermarket pipe and can with the 400 they spent, but then again most people leave it stock, and dosnt modifying the fuel system void warranty??? for the people with voided warranty for stupid little things like wireing good luck haveing any warranty with that on your sled you ask why? there going to think you had a pipe on it . enjoy you 8 while you can

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
thats very true but the other makes are running aftermarket pipe and can with the 400 they spent, but then again most people leave it stock, and dosnt modifying the fuel system void warranty??? for the people with voided warranty for stupid little things like wireing good luck haveing any warranty with that on your sled you ask why? there going to think you had a pipe on it . enjoy you 8 while you can

Sorry not true, if you buy a pipe for an M10 you need a control box to go with it. You can install a PCV or PC111 on your stock Polaris and take it off very easily if you need warranty service, the dealer will never need to know. The reason these sleds are having trouble with the fuel managment is because of EPA regulations, most guys are having great luck with the control boxes on their Polaris. I'm not trying to defend Polaris, it sounds like some guys have had some real issues, but posting up false complaints to stir the pot is just that. I hope the new sled kicks azz and some of you haters have to eat crow next year.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
so they cant tell in the ecu that it has been tamperd with? iam not a hater i hope this new sled does rip and actually dosnt have any problems. i know the epa has a hand in it but skidoo and cat goes by the same standards as far as i know know and there not haveing near the problems with burning down as polaris. i love these sleds there adicting when the stars alighn and the moon is in the right place once we feel that once we want more i think thats why alot of people are trying to work through these problem instead of ditching the sled.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Sorry your post just kinda rubbed me the wrong way, and yes the PCV/PC111 just adds or subtracts fuel from the ECU, does not change the stock settings. When you remove it the only thing left is the velcro that holds it on to the air box, which can be removed. It sucks that a guy needs to buy this to make his sled run right but Polaris needs to make the EPA happy.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
so they cant tell in the ecu that it has been tamperd with? iam not a hater i hope this new sled does rip and actually dosnt have any problems. i know the epa has a hand in it but skidoo and cat goes by the same standards as far as i know know and there not haveing near the problems with burning down as polaris. i love these sleds there adicting when the stars alighn and the moon is in the right place once we feel that once we want more i think thats why alot of people are trying to work through these problem instead of ditching the sled.

the reason the other manufactureres dont have the same problem is they are using credits to bypass meeting the same criteria as polaris..dont worry soon they to will be fighting the same battle..polaris just began it a few years sooner then the rest..you dont wonder why doo is going to DI on its sleds?..why would they since their carbs work so good? because they dont have any credits left and their standard carb setup wont meet the EPA specs..just as car manufacturers couldnt back in the mid 80's.....artics system has almost as many hickups as polaris does..we just dont hear about it because their sleds arnt coming from the factory pushing the performance edge(till this years motor)..and its always been known if you even throw a y-pipe on a cat you need a fuel controller....

S

stmike

Dec 22, 2008
northern Ontario
cheap

You're absolutely right, you should but do you have to? But we're all wondering the same about you complaining, just buy it and spend more time on your sled instead of on here telling everyone how cheap you are to just get it done and go have fun

cheap my ***,my sled is completly stock and i should not have to spend my money on polaris screw ups.With that said how many sleds are burning up with a pcv on them or are they safe with jims program.And by the way who **** in your cornflakes.

S

stmike

Dec 22, 2008
northern Ontario
PCV

I haved worked for over 40 years as a mech,at GM dealer,ski doo dealer,artic cat dealer,honda dealer,and the last 30 years on heavy eguipment,and seen all kinds of waranty problems.But this one will not go a way,untill waranty has run out,and that is what makes me nervous.If i have to buy a PV5 to make this sled run so be it,even if it is not right.Thanks for all the good info

P
Feb 9, 2010
cheap my ***,my sled is completly stock and i should not have to spend my money on polaris screw ups.With that said how many sleds are burning up with a pcv on them or are they safe with jims program.And by the way who **** in your cornflakes.
Nobody **** in my cornflakes, and yes they're better running more reliable with the pcv, it will add fuel where you're lean and take some away when you're pig rich! You'll be a happy camper

P
Feb 9, 2010
Nobody **** in my cornflakes, and yes they're better running more reliable with the pcv, it will add fuel where you're lean and take some away when you're pig rich! You'll be a happy camper. BTW check out the 2011 line up.
http://www.amsnow.com/sno/default.aspx?c=a&id=5237

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
Interesting!! Take a few days off to go riding and get to read all about how someone with concerns about the reliability of an 800 Polaris motor doesn't know ****. Should have stayed away, but read the post anyway.

I would love to believe that I would be lucky enough to purchase a 2011 that ran flawless. But the truth is Polaris still hasn't figured out how to make my 08 d8run and after hearing how great the pcv is I finally wasted 350+ dollars, didn't help, Tryed three different "tried and true maps" from the man over the last 4 days of riding and it ran worse than without the PCV sure didn't see that coming with all the positive responses here. I'll have to see if anyone else has experanced this, seems like the addtional fuel in the mid range hurt my performace like crazy.

I did get to run into another dealer who told me they can fix my sled, as he was trying to convince me that the 2011 is the way for me to go. At least he agreed that some sleds have big issues, and he even rides snowmobile. Oh ya he did hint that it will be hard to get much for my sled with all the issues. Sooooo as good as this 2011 sled looks and as good as Polaris' marketing effort seems, I am still not convinced. Maybe some kind of double your money back guarantee would help.:face-icon-small-hap That could pay for a lot of pain and suffering I have enjoyed over the last 3 year if it didn't perform and if it did run like they say I'm sure my memory will get cloudy very fast, having a good time seems to do that.

So just to respond to all the PCV die-hard's, it isn't a fix all and it isn't just an EPA thing, some of these sleds have some kind of bad bug. I haven’t given up yet so maybe this dealer who knows how to fix my sled will make it worth the 4 hr drive one way to find out. If he does fix it maybe my memory will cloud over before the dead line to snow check a new sled, (I can’t believe I even said that, that marketing is so powerful).

Last edited:
I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
I thought this was a " rode the new 2011 Pro RMK today-awesome!" thread??
Let's get back on topic.
I am tired of the b*tching about the D8 over and over again. Please go back to or start another thread on D8 complaints and not turn these threads into b*tching sessions.

I know that a lot of you have ligitimate issues...... however there are a lot of (thousands) of happy D8 owners that have no issues and their sleds really rip.

T

towngrunt

Apr 17, 2008
I agree as well! I started the thread and also noticed how off topic it got. The 2011 RMK was awesome!!!!! By the way my 08 and 09 are running awesome.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Does the new model come with anti-ratchet drivers? One of the last things to be addressed by Polaris, they are always a year or two behind!

Comes with the center Anti ratchet.....Picture from a new one at West Yellowstone today...

EXPO114.jpg

S

stmike

Dec 22, 2008
northern Ontario
two injectors

The 2011 800 looks like it has only two injectors,could this be the fix,and could the 09s be changed to this.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
The 11's have some different porting too and not to beat a dead horse but a final and complete fix will be out in 30 days or so.

Premium Features