• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Sleds

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I talked to a Polaris engineer on the 700. He said that the 600/800 have the monoblock and the 700 has seperate cylinders which makes mass production difficult for the 700. That is likely the reason it has all but gone away. Awesome sled, I had a few good years on it since 2007.

440Dart -> Does this mean you are going to buy a different brand???? :) :)

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
ummm are any of you thinking about buying another polaris, i know i wouldnt exspecially if nothing but plastics are changed. i know i shouldnt of brought this up but you gotta admit there have been plenty of headaches, thank god i havnt had any with my 700 but that dont mean the vr and ecu are not in the back of my mind everytime i go rideing.

Yes I will buy another Polaris & the new sled is more than plastic's, I was joking a little because "all new" isn't correct either.
FYI, I jump ship once in a while and always regret it. My last error in judgement was the 2007 SkiDoo Summit...it was the biggest POS ever made. I'm going to think happy thoughts now...trying some therapy...don't think about the Doo again...it's starting to work, ha ha!:beer;:):beer;

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
I talked to a Polaris engineer on the 700. He said that the 600/800 have the monoblock and the 700 has seperate cylinders which makes mass production difficult for the 700. That is likely the reason it has all but gone away. Awesome sled, I had a few good years on it since 2007.

440Dart -> Does this mean you are going to buy a different brand???? :) :)

Which 600 is a monoblock?

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
enough already

ummm are any of you thinking about buying another polaris, i know i wouldnt exspecially if nothing but plastics are changed. i know i shouldnt of brought this up but you gotta admit there have been plenty of headaches, thank god i havnt had any with my 700 but that dont mean the vr and ecu are not in the back of my mind everytime i go rideing.

I will also buy another Polaris, despite your warning to all of us. And I have read your warnings on here, ALOT! Often when I'm reading a thread of someone with a 800 cfi problem, you chime in, mostly to say you think that sled is junk, or something to that effect. With your 22 years of life experience, (says your 22 yrs old) I'm sure you pretty much do know it all, and the rest of us are old farts who don't think reasonably? NOT. Let each of us decide what brand we want to ride, and "enough already" of your negative opinions of Polaris, we've heard it before. I'm glad your happy with your 700, and I hope you ride safe and have a good season. Please consider what I've said.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
I will also buy another Polaris, despite your warning to all of us. And I have read your warnings on here, ALOT! Often when I'm reading a thread of someone with a 800 cfi problem, you chime in, mostly to say you think that sled is junk, or something to that effect. With your 22 years of life experience, (says your 22 yrs old) I'm sure you pretty much do know it all, and the rest of us are old farts who don't think reasonably? NOT. Let each of us decide what brand we want to ride, and "enough already" of your negative opinions of Polaris, we've heard it before. I'm glad your happy with your 700, and I hope you ride safe and have a good season. Please consider what I've said.

Well said, couldn't agree more.:beer;:beer;

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Bug... Is this a running change I'm not aware of?... 600 Mono blocks? The Rush has individual cyls and that is the newest motor they make.

Nope, looks like I'm wrong. This was at the sneak peak last year and I was sure he said the blocks, but maybe he was referring to the case. Sorry for the misleading information.

On a side note, when I went to the Polaris website to look at parts on the 600, I got the following page. Says the link was no good, but it was from their website. I wonder if they are working on parts for the upcoming sleds???? ;)

attachment.php

polaris_parts.jpg

S

srosscojw

Nov 26, 2007
Kelowna BC
www.signcraft.ca
Rush rmk

Saw a picture of a pre production 2011 switchback today. Rmk front suspension, rmk rear suspension and tunnel. radiator from the front is gone and cooler is in tunnel as RMK is now. 35lbs lighter than current.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
And ski-Doo still claims the XP is stronger than the Rev but we all know how much truth is in that. Hopefully the Rush chassis is the real deal.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
latest rumor i got from our rep is they are suppose to be around 450lbs or less. and the 800's are the only mountains sleds that will be offered in the new chassis. once again just like last year they are wanting to drop the 700 class all together.

Premium Features