• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How many miles do you get on your 800

How many miles did you get on your 800 before having major motor issues?

• Total voters

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
How many miles did you get on your 800?

How many miles did you get on your 800 before a major motor issue?

By major, I'm talking about;

Scuffed pistons
broken crank, rod, pistons
or any electrical that caused motor failure
etc.

I didn't put no issues as an option, because it seems that everybody with a new sled loves it, as I once did.

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
mine went 2000 miles(the whole season), at the start of the next season the dealer did the 09 update and when they tore it down it had very very light scuffs on mag piston(barely catch a fingernail on 1 piston)..the 09 setup went about 500 miles, then a buddy rode it down a trail at just the right midrange throttle setting and it scuffed pto piston good..they fixed it, rode it the rest of last season and they did the 10 update this fall...have only put about 100 miles on it this season......

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I don't think mine was technically a major motor issue, but it was going to be. I'm glad I caught everything before it happened.

K
Nov 26, 2007
colorado
I have 1800 miles and no major problems, except for the VR and ECM burned up around 800 miles. Now I am having a hard time getting high rpms. beside that it always runs

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I have 1800 miles and no major problems, except for the VR and ECM burned up around 800 miles. Now I am having a hard time getting high rpms. beside that it always runs

How does "No major problems" and "VR and ECM burned up" go together? It's $400 in parts at a minimum when not under warranty and could wreck the entire top end.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
How does "No major problems" and "VR and ECM burned up" go together? It's $400 in parts at a minimum when not under warranty and could wreck the entire top end.

I don't mean to bash but I'm with skibreeze, $400+ in parts doesn't equal "no major problems". The more I read these threads the more happy I am I decided not to buy a Poo.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
I just turned 1100 mile's, 6 set's of pistons, v.r., ecu, injectors, airbox, crank, cylinder's, exhaust temp sensor! :rolleyes:

I apparently enjoy the abuse because I'd buy another one long before I'd own a doo :p

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
Had 800 miles on my 09 assault with no problems. Now my 2010 Dragon, i am dealing with the dreaded mid range stumble right out of the crate. my pcv came in on saturday though so hopefully PROBLEM SOLVED!

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
I just turned 1100 mile's, 6 set's of pistons, v.r., ecu, injectors, airbox, crank, cylinder's, exhaust temp sensor! :rolleyes:

I apparently enjoy the abuse because I'd buy another one long before I'd own a doo :p

My list sounds similar.

Just turned on 1400 miles, 5 sets of pistons, 4 mono block cylinders, 3 VR's, 2 ECMs, 1 pipe, 3 pipe temp sensors, one set of reeds. I think that's is? kinda stopped keeping track. Also snapped a chain and snapped the steering post over nothing, if that counts.

undergroundrmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Craig, Colorado
Have about 1800 miles on mine on the 5th set of pistons was the first to break the clutch side motor mount at 400 miles dealer gave me a 770 mod to ride should have kept that thing man was it fun. Pulled motor to get motor mount bolt out found the crank seal was out so tore it down repaired. Ended up having the 770 for about three weeks. Didn't get it until 12-30-08 so by the time I got it back winter was almost over for me anyway! Started out 09 with some minor stuff took it in they decided to do the firt update with pistons and head and stuff still had the bog! Went out of state on a long weekend it started out rough thought it was going to sieze the first day just getting to the good snow then it cleaned up and ran fine the rest of the day. Got up there the next day and started it was putting on my gear and listening to it sounded almost like it was knocking gave it a little gas it sounded fine just not idling all that good so took off long story I know but 2 miles from truck it siezed didn't take the spare so end of trip very depressing luckly I had driven up by myself so everyone else had a good day. Call the dealer from the lot told him what happened and I would be there in about 5 hours. Pulled in to the dealer later walked in and he said there is a new 800 ready to go if I wanted it till mine was fixed if I wanted to go back but just to far so loaded it up and went home ended up having it for about a month had to order a monoblock and it was back ordered so got to ride that sled for awhile. Now this year and guess what voltage regulator and ECU he gave me a brand new 800 to ride again like I've said before I have a great dealer but have had it with Polaris. Long rant sorry but I hope this new map fixes this thing it is been a long 2 plus years!! JIm

Premium Features