• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

100ll

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I was in the flying business for 30 years. I have burned this fuel in every sled, motorcycle, and 4 wheeler that I've owned. It works great. The best part is it is always consistant. There is no water and the octane is always there. It has to be, people's lives depend on it. It never goes bad and keeps its octane rating.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I have ran it in my ub billet 900, and other sleds and now run it in my banshee. it is a dryer fuel so I mixed it 32:1 but I do that with any fuel. never had a problem

himarker

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2002
Prescott, Washington
I also run it in my UBR 900, mix it 38:1, little rich, i know, but extra security. Never had an issue, more octane than you can buy at the pump and a h*ll of a lot cheaper than race gas.

himarker

I was in the flying business for 30 years. I have burned this fuel in every sled, motorcycle, and 4 wheeler that I've owned. It works great. The best part is it is always consistant. There is no water and the octane is always there. It has to be, people's lives depend on it. It never goes bad and keeps its octane rating.

So 100ll never loses its octane rating like normal gasoline does? Might make my decision to run it easier if I am able to store it for a longer period of time than normal gasoline.

Thanks -

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
I ran it toward the end of last year and my sled ran GREAT. CodeRed said it, if you can get past the rumors and opinions, because wow there are plenty...

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
as youve been hearing. no problems same goes for me. ran it in my 600 mod sled in 07 with no problems and that should of had 110 but i got away with av gas

R
Apr 4, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
Low Lead

The only down side to running 100LL is lead fouling the plugs. If you run your engine at high pressure this should not be a major concern. About fuel stability, 100LL brakes down as fast as any other type of gasoline. If you need 100 octane get fresh fuel. And 100 Low Lead is NOT low in lead, it is just lower in lead then the 130 octane it replaced. If you use it to wash you hands you may wind up with two headed kids. I run it for work and play and it is great stuff. However, if you don't need it you will only be needlessly throwing lead around.

E
Jan 25, 2009
Erie Colorado
how about this

Lead was in fuel as a lubricant to begin with so the same principal should apply to two strokes, I wonder if you can run a lesser mix with oil because you are replacing it with Lead? just a thought.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I have been running 100ll in all our sleds here for years. No problems with it what so ever other than maybe a little harder to fire them up on a cold cold morning. Here is Ak race fuel is VERY hard to to come and EXTREMELY expensive. Therefore most most all mod sleds that I know of here all run on 100ll. I can't say I know of any fuel related burn downs unless someone is running is running really crazy compression that requires even higher yet yet octane numbers and are trying to get by on 100. Run it if your your sled will run it. Like was also said, run pump gas if your sled will sled run on that becasue the extra octane does you no good at all if your motor does not require it. Like was also said above, I have never had any water or icing issues with avgas. Another plus for it!

modrmk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Kemmerer, WY.
I have ran it in my ub billet 900, and other sleds and now run it in my banshee. it is a dryer fuel so I mixed it 32:1 but I do that with any fuel. never had a problem

What does "dryer" mean? 100LL has lead in it. Lead is a lubricant, that is a good thing in a 2 stroke motor. Also, 100LL will not break down, I use it in place of Stabil and have been doing so since 1999, No problems. As far as octane goes 100LL is not 100 octane. Sport Avation magazine had an article in it about 8 months ago on this very issue. Basically if you compare it to mogas (91 octane), Avgas or 100LL is around 106 octane.

J
has anybody had the problem of lead buildup on the spark plugs and power valves in their two strokes. Building a Boondocker PG turbo D800 and would like to run it but still on the fence.Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Don't worry about lead fouling, it's not going to be that big of a deal on the amount of fuel you run through a sled. yeah you may have to replace your plugs a little more but that will be the same if your mixing leaded race fuel with pump too and you'll be replacing them anyway as in general turbo 2 strokes like to eat plugs every now and then. Although I haven't had a lot of problems with mine.

Oh and although Lead is a lubricant to an extent that's not why tetraethyl lead is in AVgas or race gas, It raises the Anti Knock characteristics of the fuel by a very good margin. More so than other additives, that's why quality Un-leaded race fuel is very expensive.

Premium Features