• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 Rev with 09 track

K

Keithcat

Nov 27, 2007
I have a 2006 Rev 500ss all stock with rail extensions and a newer 144X15X1.25 ripsaw track. Im looking at taking the sled out west with me this year for my nephew to ride. I have sitting in the garage a new 2009 Summit XP track ( 146X16X2.3 ) and a set of 09 XP 146 rails.

What would be my best option for getting this done?

I know the drivers would need to be replaced to the 2.68 pitch. But what size would I need? 8-9-10- tooth? Is there enough room to installer a larger driver than stock to take up extra 2" of track?

Or would I end up having to go smaller than stock drivers due to clearence issues and end up buying rails? I have the 09 rails. But I dont think I could use them on this chassis. Or could I?

Im trying to keep the cost to a minimum.

What would you suggest?

Keith

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
I'm doing the same thing too my 04, I talked to Idaho Slim and BIG JOHN about this and was told 8 Tooth driver (2.86) and smitty drop brackets. I'm also putting in 8" 2-wheel rear axle , and setting the skid back . You might have too reclutch also. Good Luck

Premium Features